Skip to main content
Topic: AGS has never worked EC-30 (Read 574 times) previous topic - next topic

AGS has never worked EC-30

Yahoo Message Number: 6718
Hello group,
I have never tried the EC-30 AGS funtion until now. It looks like wire#8 house battery sence is not hooked up and wire#9 engine battery sence is wired to the Kodiak battery relay? On my rig the house battery is the onan start battery so i dont know why #9 would be seeing the truck battery voltage? Wire#8 on the EC-30 shows .0 volts so i assume the wire has come loose or it is a bad relay?
Has anyone had the same problem?

2006 jayco seneca 34ss

Thanks,
Bill

Re: AGS has never worked EC-30

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6720
William - Have not had that specific problem. Sorry.

Yes. The Automatic Generator start does monitor the Cab battery, as well as the coach batteries. It is a great way to get a quick check on how they are doing. The voltage readout when they have been not charged for a while gives you a good idea of their status.

We have found the system to be very good for boon docking in Auto Mode (automatic compensation for the furnace on those really cold nights), and in the national forest using Quiet Mode. Very good as it is set and forget, and it will top your batteries off automatically before quiet time ends in case you forget. So worth it to get it going in our opinion.

I have not had the specific issue you are having. However, our generator issues at the time were really reflecting some problems that had occurred with our coach batteries. Once that problem was fixed we have been trouble free on the generator side. Basically our batteries were not balanced, and one was loosing water faster and carry the majority of the load.

Kevin
Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

P.S. If you have a problem with your coach batteries, you can always start your generator by briefly starting your engine, then the converter power will be used to start the generator.

K

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6721
Thank you Kevin. I am swapping out the house bat's today and tracing down wire #8 from the EC-30.
In the battery bay (06 seneca 34ss) to the left and above it looks like a module with a heat sink and relays could be part of the problem. I wish i had a 34ss schematic not just the EC-30 schematic.
I will figure it out.....

thank you and sorry about the spelling errors,

Bill

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6722
OK. I will send you a TIF with the 12V wiring diagram direct to your mailbox. K

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6723
Bill,

look in the files section, theres some schematics there. i've put up all i have that pertains to my 2010 36FK. they may or may not help.

don

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 6724
Thank you for the tif.
What I need is a schematic that shows the house battery bay wiring?

Thank you again,
Bill

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 6726
Don,
Yes that is what i was looking for. Is that the schematic diagram you offered me on the other site?
He, he.....I have what i need to figure this out, wire #8 from the EC-30 is black 18 ga with a 5 amp fuse. Should be easy to find.

Great site Don!!!!! Thank you for directing me here!

Thanks to all,
It's now above freezing outside 39ยบ so i should get to work!

Bill

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 6728
Just got a lot of "Don's" here. I was the one who suggested you join here. Natural born salesman I guess. :)

Don

ps. Bill, I've been a member of a lot of forums relating to motorhomes since we first started looking in 2003. I have to say this one has the most helpful group of people of all of them - by far. In second place was the CAT forum. It was different in that a CAT employee participated (no one knew he was a CAT employee and I happened to find out at the CAT booth at the Tampa show when one of their fellows let it slip when I said "it would be nice if you guys could participate....". I "outed" the fellow on the forum, which turned out to be the right thing to do. The group then got a lot more info since he no longer had to keep up his disguise and CAT got much more involved. Of course, CAT is out of the OTR engine biz now - unfortunately.

Now, wouldn't it be nice if we could get a participant of or two here from the help desks of Jayco, GS, Thor, etc?