Skip to main content
Topic: Double din navigation sirius radio ready (Read 569 times) previous topic - next topic

Double din navigation sirius radio ready

Yahoo Message Number: 6744
Who has installed a navigator?
What model fits the double din in a 2005 Kodiak?

I have the Kenwood in my F450 and would like to install one in the Kodiak cab.

Thanks,

Bill

Re: Double din navigation sirius radio ready

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6755
We have an Eclpise double DIN in ours but I can't tell you much about the install as it was already installed when we bought the coach. It is a clean install, so it's possible.

As far as the TV's go, I can send you pics of ours but over the winter we have replaced all of the woodwork in the coach with cherry and doubt most will want to do the same thing we did as the front would involve a complete rebuild. We now have a 37" LCD which can be hidden with a panel which snaps on the the face of the cabinet. That panel has dummy outlets and mount to make it look like the TV has been removed (we can aslo easily remove the TV). The stereo gear is now hidden behind a false panel with dummy wiring in the open shelf above to also mimic that the elctronics have been removed. The rear CRT TV has been removed also. The cabinet is exactly the same as before except is now has a flip up door. We just take one of our 19" LCD's with DVD built in when we go. I can send pics or post them in the photo section if anyone wants a better look. There have been good clean replacements done by others in the group that involve far less work.
Greg
05' Endura

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6756
By definition all double DIN are the same and as such the installed should be painless. My problem is the dash has a wood panel over the front which obstructs the stereo frame.

~
Victor Burns |
+1.760.672.8767 Mobile
+1.760.814.1801 Google Voice

Greg Thompson tehya.eva@...> wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 6757
Victor,
It's the depth I am worried about. DD 7"x 4"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 6760
Greg,
would love to see some Pic's of ur setup!

ty,
Bill

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 6764

The trim is the same regardless of the style - wood or plastic I beleive...It just pops off. It pulls out enough to remove the stereo - pulling it out all the way is a little tricky.

When I was looking for a double DIN for my silverado, I just searched ebay for "Stereo double din" and then sorted by price...Once I found units that were in a price range that I was happy with and had the features I was looking for - I then searched Google for reviews on the model.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 6768
If it will fit a Ford. It will fit the GM.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 6771
Again by def. They are the same..if its short a post or strap is supplied usually. Order from Crutchfield..

~
Victor Burns |
+1.760.672.8767 Mobile
+1.760.814.1801 Google Voice

william williamdotson2000@...> wrote:

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 6775
The depths are not standard...Double DIN refers to the size of the face, not the whole unit.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 6783
If it helps, the depth of the Eclipse that is installed in our '05 is 165mm. No idea if anything was modified inside to make that fit, but it's in so I guess a 165mm depth should work.

Greg
MN

Victor,
It's the depth I am worried about. DD 7"x 4"

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 6786
There is all kinds of room behind radio front to install a deeper than normal radio.
Best
Ron Hall