Skip to main content
Topic: Next spring project> the Toshiba goes in the trash! (Read 474 times) previous topic - next topic

Next spring project> the Toshiba goes in the trash!

Yahoo Message Number: 6745
What an outdated power hungry heavy piece of S%#&. It's time for a LED LCD HDTV.
When i replaced the bedroom RCA i had forgotten how heavy the old sets had been, wow! I could just fit it through the 2006 Seneca coach door on it's side. The big Toshiba will go out the cab door! I'll bet it weighs over a hundred pounds!

I will need to see a chiropractor after the toshiba demo job :(

Wish me luck!

Bill

Re: Next spring project> the Toshiba goes in the trash!

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6747
Bill:

Yes. Well, new to the group you may have missed a scary post from a member that had the set pop out on his bed during travel! (Denny?) Best to deep 6 those, and check the mounting. I will send you a pdf of a post of our replacement project. Some folks have been creative, and have even got new cabinet space behind their sets!

K

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6753
Attachments :

Please copy me also on the projects, I have just brought home our new to us gulfstream and that will be my winter project. I was surprised to find that the tv was a crt taking up the whole cabinet

wayne

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kevin (Real) McCoy
    Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 2:57 AM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Next spring project> the Toshiba goes in the trash!

Bill:

Yes. Well, new to the group you may have missed a scary post from a member that had the set pop out on his bed during travel! (Denny?) Best to deep 6 those, and check the mounting. I will send you a pdf of a post of our replacement project. Some folks have been creative, and have even got new cabinet space behind their sets!

K

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 6758
    We replaced our 26 inch CRT as soon as we got our motorhome. I don't think we did a single trip with it. We replaced it with a 26 inch LCD. And instead of mounting it in the cabinet I bought a swivel bracket that attached to the outside of the cabinet. The Four Winds has an aluminum post behind the cabinet so it is screwed through the wood and the aluminum. I have some picture posted in the photo section. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/album/225865502/pic/list .

We also have straps to hold the TV back while driving. This position is also easier for the kids to see while driving and they are on the sofa.

I think the spec for the CRT was a bit over 80 lbs and the LCD was 40 lbs. I also removed the rear 19 inch CRT.

David

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 6759
    David,
    Nice install. I put a Naxa 22" 12 volt lcd in the bedroom. I just filled in the hole with good on one side ply and then stained it to match. The Naxa also has a built in dvd player. For the toshiba im thinking I will do the same, fill in hole with staind ply and then mount a 32" LED LCD to the ply on just a tilt wall mount.

Thank you,

Bill