Skip to main content
Topic: Rain rain go away - Cincinnati (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

Rain rain go away - Cincinnati

Yahoo Message Number: 6867
We arrived at the FMCA campground in Cinci on Sunday in nice weather (but windy - gusts to 30 mph). Spent Monday at the USAF National Museum at Dayton. Overnight the sky opened up and the rain has been very heavy and fairly steady. A lot more thunder and lightening than I've seen in some time. Serious flood warnings In all low lying areas. Continuos flood warnings on the local weather channel. Not going to be fun connecting the toad and packing up. Two more inches expected in the next three hours.

Dave Sparke is fortunate that he is on the Gulf and not at home in Cinci.

If you are an FMCA member and you are passing through the area you should consider staying here. Two nights free per month and $20 per night after that. Water, sewer and 50 amp provided. We like the place and the area. At times the sites are all full so it helps to check in advance.

The new ED is parked next to us (American Eagle). I suggested wifi be added and he said that is on his list and hopefully will be in soon. I also suggested a scale so visitors can get corner weights ( for a reasonable fee, of course) and he jumped on that idea immediately. Hope he is able to follow through given how tight funds are these days. I'd love to be able to get four corner weights.

Well , time to go do the dirty work and head for home.

Don

Re: Rain rain go away - Cincinnati

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6869
, Don  wrote:
We arrived at the FMCA campground in Cinci on Sunday in nice weather (but windy - gusts to 30 mph). Spent Monday at the USAF National Museum at Dayton. Overnight the sky opened up and the rain has been very heavy and fairly steady. A lot more thunder and lightening than I've seen in some time. Serious flood warnings In all low lying areas. Continuos flood warnings on the local weather channel. Not going to be fun connecting the toad and packing up. Two more inches expected in the next three hours.

Dave Sparke is fortunate that he is on the Gulf and not at home in Cinci.

If you are an FMCA member and you are passing through the area you should consider staying here. Two nights free per month and $20 per night after that. Water, sewer and 50 amp provided. We like the place and the area. At times the sites are all full so it helps to check in advance.

The new ED is parked next to us (American Eagle). I suggested wifi be added and he said that is on his list and hopefully will be in soon. I also suggested a scale so visitors can get corner weights ( for a reasonable fee, of course) and he jumped on that idea immediately. Hope he is able to follow through given how tight funds are these days. I'd love to be able to get four corner weights.

Well , time to go do the dirty work and head for home.

Don

DON....

We also stayed at the FMCA campground after the Kodiak Rally. We found it to be a very nice campground. Also enjoyed Wright-Patterson Museum in nearby Dayton. Have a safe trip home......russ

Re: Rain rain go away - Cincinnati

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6870
Sitting in a massive traffic jam in Dayton now. Haven't moved for over 15 minutes. Even got up and walked to the head to take a wiz. Looks like the accident was huge.

D