Skip to main content
Topic: Problem Help (Read 717 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem Help

Yahoo Message Number: 6871
I have never used the inverter for dry camping and it probably has never worked however when I go to the Kodiak GS box containing all the switches and turn it on no light and nothing happens. Can someone help me please. Txs

Re: Problem Help

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6873
Attachments :

Do you have a control box or are you looking at the front of the unit? What model number do you have?

Often times there is a mini circuit breaker on the front of the inverter. This can be depressed and all will be fine.

Inverter front panel

In this picture it would be #6.

If that does not work then perhaps this diagram could be of some aid.

Diagram

Check the Inverter Circuit breaker is on. It should pass AC current even if the inverter is off or broken.

If that works then check to see if you are getting DC at the back of the unit.

Chapter 4 of your Inverter manual has a troubleshooting guide that is pretty good. You can get it from the Xantrex Web site if that is the type you have.

Good Luck.

Kevin

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 6874
    Attachments :

I have a similar problem, can anyone direct me to the location of the fuse or circuit breaker? Can't find one in the rear battery bay.

Scott Schellhaas | Metairie Bank
      Vice President, Commercial and Mortgage Loans
      3344 Metairie Road, P O Box 217, Metairie, LA 70001
      (:504.832.56187:504.832.2889*:

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kevin (Real) McCoy
      Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:28 PM
      To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com; daneg
      Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Problem Help

Do you have a control box or are you looking at the front of the unit? What model number do you have?

Often times there is a mini circuit breaker on the front of the inverter. This can be depressed and all will be fine.

Inverter front panel

In this picture it would be #6.

If that does not work then perhaps this diagram could be of some aid.

Diagram

Check the Inverter Circuit breaker is on. It should pass AC current even if the inverter is off or broken.

If that works then check to see if you are getting DC at the back of the unit.

Chapter 4 of your Inverter manual has a troubleshooting guide that is pretty good. You can get it from the Xantrex Web site if that is the type you have.

Good Luck.

Kevin

Reply #3
      Yahoo Message Number: 6876
      Some inverters have an automotive type fuse on the side of the inverter. Some have a three position switch for on/off and remote switching from the panel.

Dan

Reply #4
      Yahoo Message Number: 6877
      it would help to know what inverter, i'm thinking a rs400?

don

Reply #5
      Yahoo Message Number: 6878
      Attachments :

and heres the rs400 installation guide from my files for our old 33ss.

we did have a lawn chair turn turn of the inverter that is fastened in one of the storage compartments.

don

Help

Reply #6
        Yahoo Message Number: 6872
        This may show up twice as one did not take. I have never used the inverter dry camping and tried it today and the switch would not light up and nothing works on batteries. Any suggestions. Dane

Re: Help

Reply #7
        Yahoo Message Number: 6875
        If "nothing" is working on battery did you bump the disconnect switch by the door?

Dave Sparke

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:15 PM
        Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Help

This may show up twice as one did not take. I have never used the inverter dry camping and tried it today and the switch would not light up and nothing works on batteries. Any suggestions. Dane

Reply #9
        Yahoo Message Number: 9808
        I assume you have a Xantrex inverter. According to the user manual: The switch located on the inverter itself is in Standby mode ..or.. No input power to the inverter ..or.. DC fuse to the inverter is open (external)

Reply #11
        Yahoo Message Number: 11773
        I just got in. You may need to log in again it seems to log you out if you haven't been there in awhile.

Dave

Dane Goodwin  wrote:

What is wrong with our site. Can't get to it

Reply #12
        Yahoo Message Number: 11774
        I usually find that I have to log into my yahoo email account before I can get into the Group.

Don

Reply #15
        Yahoo Message Number: 14195
        Do you know where the inverter is located! Inverter only powers one item from inverter. TV.
        Do you have battery switch at door on.
        Best
        Ron Hall

Reply #16
        Yahoo Message Number: 14196
        On my Gulfstream it is located behind a vent  under the Stove but you have to look off to the right with the vent cover removed to see it.
        --glen

Re: Tire pressure

Reply #17
        Yahoo Message Number: 14197
        Left Georgia this afternoon in these arctic chill temperatures of low 40's and high 30's and tire pressure of mid 90's on front and high 90's on rears. Think as it warms up and I go south pressures will adjust? Don't normally ever have to add air.