Skip to main content
Topic: Tv (Read 466 times) previous topic - next topic

Tv

Yahoo Message Number: 7055
Hi
Before I do some damage.
Does anyone know how to remove the tv from the front over cab?
I removed the moldings, there are 2 rails in the back do I need to loosen those rails in order to loose the tv
This is a 36MS with the tv on the center of the over cab area.
Thanks
Mo
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Re: Tv

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7104
My TV has a metal strap across the top and mounted to the bottom of the cabinet by a couple of screws. I don't know about the rails.

Re: Tv

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7105
Rick, best from memory 2-3 years ago. My 35GS 08, had two wood boards running vertically behind the flat screen TV. These boards were attached at the bottom to a metal crossbar frame, at the top they were just screwed into the ceiling foam. There were two metal rails attached to the back of the TV that ran horizontal that were attached to the wood vertical boards with 4 wood screws. Remove the wood front frame, 4 screws behind the wood plugs and remove the 4 wood screws from the rails and the TV came out. Something you might consider, I tilted my TV so the display quality was better setting at the couch than standing up looking straight into the TV. If you do this you will need to tilt the vertical boards and move them back (toward the front of the cab) and the TV moves up a little. If you do not do this the top of the TV will hit the front wood trim. I also attached the top of the vertical boards to the wood cabinet and not the ceiling foam. Just FYI, Jayco sent me a new tilted support frame for the back TV.