Skip to main content
Topic: Backup monitor (Read 485 times) previous topic - next topic

Backup monitor

Yahoo Message Number: 7083
The backup monitor in my 06 is in a the most terrible place, behind the visor. Has anyone found the mount that puts the monitor between the visors? I would like to move it to that more user friendly position. I have looked but I don't know the correct nomenclature. I have checked with web site for system but they don't list it. Help
Denny

Re: Backup monitor

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7086
My feelings also from an earlier question on this I posted.

When it's down, it blocks too much of my forward vision for me. I decided I will probably just have to buy a different monitor and mount it on the dash.

Ken
'05 Gulf Stream Conquest Super-C

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7103
I put the same set up in mine, but I don't have the swing down mount so the anti glare on the screen make mine a little hard to see from the drivers seat (fine from the passenge side of course). Where did you get the mount?

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7106
Tony, the rectangular plastic trim piece came with the Voyager monitor. It's designed for a flat surface mount and I simply cut a matching hole in the Seneca headliner and glued it in position. In order to get the correct viewing angle, I took a 1/4" alumimum rod and bent it into a "U" shape with 1/2" right angle ears on each end that insert into holes I drilled into the plastic frame. This bar pushes the base of the monitor out to a more vertical position for best viewing.

Here's a picture from the side showing the light gray bar at the bottom of the monitor.
http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pUbflHToplCEh0bcGleAvF5KJQfgblxLjuITTpfVJDfvlTGtxjl8aXZeRX0j8IrQ_fVI7-CsjAo93pARyfB_hGw/Camera%20Monitor%20Exteendedd.jpg?psid=1

The bottom of the "U" shape bar runs along the back of the monitor and can be held in place with a small plastic cable tie.

Craig