Skip to main content
Topic: 2012 Seneca (Read 738 times) previous topic - next topic

2012 Seneca

Yahoo Message Number: 7092
Just came back from the Jayco Factory this past Monday. We were able to look at a new 2012 Seneca FS. I asked if it was OK to take pictures, and was told to go ahead. I have posted some pics to the 2012 Seneca folder.

It is a beautiful motorhome with big cargo and towing capacities. Really like the new side hinged cargo doors.

Frank

Re: 2012 Seneca

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7094
It appears that they stayed with the 19.5 wheels as well.
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2011 6:31 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2012 Seneca

Did they tell you the suggested MSRP? My complaint is that they didn't go with air-brakes.

Dave Sparke

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7095
The staff at the visitor center did not know much about the new Seneca. So I do not know the MSRP, or which engine is being used. I was a little surprised to see that it still rides on leaf springs. But my wife smiled when she saw that it had a washer and dryer.

Frank

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7096
ISB with 340hp. - forget the torque but 660 seems to be ringing a bell. I thought the torque was on the light side.

Looks like a bigger overhang than I like as well.

Don

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7097
Frank wrote:

surprised to see that it still rides on leaf springs. But my wife smiled
when she saw that it had a washer and dryer.

If my wife saw a washer/dryer it wouldn't matter if it rode on wagon
wheels and hung over 30 feet :-) We're five weeks on the road so far
with the 32SS and all is well....except for the laundry situation.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 7100
I agree . Looks very nice and the wb/length looks more to my liking.

Combien d'argent?

Don

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 7102
very nice indeed, like a lot.

I do not see an awning or a ladder in the back either, is that something they put later or this one does not come with?
Mo

2012 Seneca

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 7916
Has any one heard any news on the 2012 Seneca's as far as how people are liking them? I know at our Kodiak rally in Elkhart during the Jayco tour we gave the engineering staff a lot of input on things that needed improvement. I just wondered if any of those suggestion were taken to heart and incorporated into the 2012 Seneca. Also I wondered how the new Freightliner chassis was working out. Does it ride better? or still have the ride and handling issues we have all experienced with our Kodiak's. Does any one know if any one has started a group for the new 2012 Seneca's?
Larry

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 7917
Some off the cuff observations. Mostly from Sandy.

We drove with the grand kids down to Buda TX and climbed inside.

Sandy's first observation was that she felt like a Mom at the end of the check out line, with all the Mommy catchers. Lots of features that were "wife catching" but she immediately noticed -

1) Low Clearance
2) The stairs come out very low to the ground. One bad rest stop and those stairs would be done.

We had the twins with us, and they are only 10 months, so we vowed to come back for a test drive.

We did love the layout and the fireplace, but golly, that price...

And yes. I think they must have listened, because a few things were done very creatively, like the storage compartment behind the hinged flat screen TV in the bedroom.

Will let you know if we go back for the test drive.

Kevin
Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

P.S. We signed up for the Sweetheart. We are go for RockBox this year. 2/15 - 20

P.P.S - I must be rubbing off on Sandy. For her to point out the mechanical shortfalls...

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 7918
We to saw the new 2012 Seneca at the Redmond Rally in July of this year. Next to the Seneca was the Embark. I believe their was about a 50K price difference between the two. The Seneca was nice but I too was shocked at the price, just south of 200K. For that kind of $$ I want 22" wheels and more upscale decor. I did not like the carpeting or the fabric selections. I still like the 35GS floorplan though.
Even if the dealer discounts 50K it would still be a HUGE investment.

In the very near future I feel Jayco will either drop the Embark or the Seneca because they currently have two coaches that could possibility compete against one another. Time will tell.

We will not be attending the Sweetheart Rally this year, but will go the the 'GOOD SAM' rally in Phoenix in March.........russ