Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 34ss koni shocks part number (Read 1543 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2006 34ss koni shocks part number

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 7579

Well there you have it. Failures may br very small. The ONLY fan my dealer in CA could find was on East coast. Ot was simple to swap out and I think about $400 for parts. If I still have the failed unit I will post a photo.

~
Victor Burns | KI6IM
2008 Kodiak Dutchmen Diesel 34H

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 7581
That would explain why the fan is a different design and color. (at least on the 07 chassis) That is what we discussed when some were experiencing fans coming apart.

Dave Sparke

To: Kodiak Kodiak ; "ronjhall@..."
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2006 34ss koni shocks part number

No acually on my later year chassis, 2007 for my 2008 coach is indeed ALL Electronic, no old fashioned thermal silicone glob to heat up.

~
Victor Burns | KI6IM

To:;
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2006 34ss koni shocks part number
Sent: Tue, Aug 30, 2011 10:52:07 PM

Our fans are thermal. Filled with silicone. When temperature reaches a given temperature, silicone clutch engages and starts fan spinning.
I hope you did not pay for a electric fan when none exist.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #27
Yahoo Message Number: 7615

My 2006 C5500 chassis has eye to eye on the rear. I do not have the part numbers, but will look for them when I get home and can access my information. There are 2 different sizes for the rear eyes, and I believe the difference was a 2 letter designator attached to the same part number.

Roger

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 7616
Here is KONI's web site. Follow the prompts on the right and it will take you right to the numbers you want. As was said it all depends on whether you have the 19,000 rear springs as well as the mount type, loop to loop or pin to pin http://www.konirv.com/

Dave Sparke

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 3, 2011 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 34ss koni shocks part number

My 2006 C5500 chassis has eye to eye on the rear. I do not have the part numbers, but will look for them when I get home and can access my information. There are 2 different sizes for the rear eyes, and I believe the difference was a 2 letter designator attached to the same part number.

Roger

koni shocks

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 7629
ok i when out to look at the shocks
i do have the 19500 gvw axles
the rear shocks are eye mounts and the fronts are studs mounts
can someone give me the koni #

Re: koni shocks

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 7631

• Koni Shocks Front: 8805-1023 (Pin to Pin)
• Koni Shocks Rear: 8805-1022SP1 (Eye to Eye or Loop to Loop)

(NOTE: #8805-1022sp1 features half-inch eyelets on each end.)

They do make a larger eyelet (I believe it was 3/4") with the part number 8805-1022.
I was originally sent these, and the through bolts were too small, allowing space in the eyelet to bolt area, which would require sleeving much like Rancho shocks which ship with bushings. Koni does not make such a part, hence the 2 different part numbers.

The torque on the rear shocks is 63 ft.lbs. I do not know the front as I did not install them myself. But the following link to McCormick Motors will get you the answer by asking them.

http://www.mccormickmotors.com/askatech.php

Reply #31
Yahoo Message Number: 7632

I would suggest doing your own homework and look them up yourself or have your garage guy do it. You nees to know your REAL chassis year. Some of the sizes of post and/or eyes differ.
My shop guys also indicated its a bit of a mess, especially when you don't pay attention to chassis year vs. coach year which are usually not the same.

~
Victor Burns | KI6IM

Reply #32
Yahoo Message Number: 7633
I agree, plus the model number your using for the rears have been in a lot of conversation. The reason, i had the same model numbers you listed for both front and rear for my RV 2008 36MS. After working with a Koni representative, it was determined my unit needed the red 95-2530 rears.

Don't rush, get the right units by determining all info including the distance for the rear shock location where it connects. The model you listed for the rear ended up being too short for my unit.

Reply #33
Yahoo Message Number: 7634

I agree with all, and should have stated the numbers I listed were for a 2006 chassis, 19,500 axle, and Koni FSD shocks.

Roger

Reply #34
Yahoo Message Number: 7635
this is correct i do have a 2006 c5500 chassis with a 19500 gvw as stated on the door stickeri will take the oem # off the shock and give the to koni

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:37:54 -0400
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] koni shocks

I agree with all, and should have stated the numbers I listed were for a 2006 chassis, 19,500 axle, and Koni FSD shocks.

Roger