Skip to main content
Topic: Mouting on roof - Endura 6316 (Read 466 times) previous topic - next topic

Mouting on roof - Endura 6316

Yahoo Message Number: 7617

We will me mounting our portable satellite on the roof and I was curious what screws people have used or recommend to use? We are planning on mounting the unit directly in front of the front AC unit.

We decided it would be nice to use the satellite as permanent unit most of the time and removed for portable use when needed...We fabricated a plate that will be permanently fixed, but the unit can be removed easily.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Wyatt

Re: Mouting on roof - Endura 6316

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7618
Wayatt . . . Your comment, "directly in front" has me a bit concerned . . . You need to allow space so the air conditioner doesn't obstruct line of sight when you are far North. Here's a distance chart from Winegard . . . http://tinyurl.com/18r

George

Re: Mouting on roof - Endura 6316

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7620

Thanks for the reply...We too were a little concerned the AC unit may be in the line-of-sight of the satellite, but when it was set as far forward as possible, the obstructed view was minimal.

The main reason for placing the satellite in that location was the ease of bringing the power and coax cable into the cab...We were able to drill a hole from the inside (above one of the puck lights) and easily route the cables to the "entertainment center".

After drilling the whole it appears the roof is made of 1/4 inch plywood followed by 2 inches of foam insulation, followed by an aluminum skin?

We ended up using several stainless wood screws to hold the mount into place - And used plenty of sealent.