Skip to main content
Topic: Utah (Read 416 times) previous topic - next topic

Utah

Yahoo Message Number: 7702
Anyone in the group headed south out of Moab just after noon on Friday?

Anyone in the group at a campsite along the Colorado River just east of Moab and west of Redcliffs Lodge on Friday afternoon.

Sure is a beautiful area.

Don

Re: Utah

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7728
We love Moab! We will be at Joshua tree, Indian cove next week. Just got back from a week at Hume Lake.

cheers

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7730
We arrived at the Amtrak near us (Dearborn) 1:30 AM Sunday. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. Only place that didn't ring any bells was Taos and that may be because on the way there from Farmington on Hwy 64 we took a hit in the windshield from a very large stone. Avis will be sending a bill for liquid fill or replacement. I got a quote from Speedy and hopefully they won't try to get away with more than that.

At times we wished we had our motorhome. We are definitely going back because 2 weeks is just not enough. We are constrained by our 183 days in the US so we are going to have to cut back on Florida so we can take a longer visit to the Four Corners and area.

As we travelled we posted photos for family. Took over 2100 but posted fewer than 50 so people wouldn't go to sleep watching.

We gave the Grand Canyon enough time (3 days) but really shortchanged Moab/Arches, Santa Fe and Albuquerque. No time for Mesa Verde, Canyon de Chelly and several others things we'd like to see. So, we sure have to go back again. DW and I have to say we got pleasant surprises every day.

No more train travel like this though. The track beds in Canada and the US are just awful. Whenever they get up any speed the sway is terrible (left rain and right rails dipping separately so they jerk from one side to the other) and it is impossible to sleep. It is a shame because other than trying to sleep at night we really enjoy the trains.

Don

http://gallery.me.com/don.leslie#100073&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=0

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7731
Russ is hosting a rally in Moab. This week or next.

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7732
, "ronjhallsr"  wrote:
Russ is hosting a rally in Moab. This week or next.

Best
Ron Hall

, Don  wrote:

Anyone in the group headed south out of Moab just after noon on Friday?

Anyone in the group at a campsite along the Colorado River just east of Moab and west of Redcliffs Lodge on Friday afternoon.

Sure is a beautiful area.

Don

KODIAK GROUP..Ron Hall is correct Claudia and I are hosting a 5 day Rally in MOAB from Oct.2 thru 7th. We have 16 rigs attending. We have a full schedule of events, even including a 4wheel trip down Shafer trail to the bottom of Canyonlands Nat. Park.
After our little rally we are heading off to Farmington,N.M. for a FMCA rally.
Don...You are correct Canyon de Chelly is probably one of the finest tourest destinations in the area. It is truly un-discovered. You'll be quick to recognize where some of the old Chev. commercials were filmed for the Bonanza series.........russ

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 7733
Terrible planning on my part obviously. In a perfect world Russ we would have taken the motorhome out and joined your rally and FMCA (we stayed overnight in Farmington last Sunday) and visited all the other places we saw AND THEN taken the MH to our park in FLA.

Now why didn't I think of that last April/May when I planned our trip? ? ? ?

Don

ps. Where are you holding the rally in Moab?