Skip to main content
Topic: Equilizer Hydraulic Lines - Where to buy? (Read 501 times) previous topic - next topic

Equilizer Hydraulic Lines - Where to buy?

Yahoo Message Number: 7848

Hey All,

We are camped in Flagstaff and one of our jack lines is leaking...Appears to have been worn through by rubbing against something. Anyone know if there is an alternative / compatible hydraulic line that can be used? Other than getting it directly from Equalizer? Anyone know the thread type off hand if I were to find a shop that could make one for me?

Thank you!!

Re: Equilizer Hydraulic Lines - Where to buy?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7849
Direct from them. Make sure you have the bleed proceedure and fluid too.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7850
If you can find what the hose size and fitting type is you may be able to put a new end on existing hose if hole is not in middle of hose. Here is a place to buy hose fittings and complete assembled hoses.
Another options is to remove hose from MH. Take it to a auto/truck/tractor parts supply store. Napa has a hose service. Have a new one made to repair. MY Equalizer System hoses are every long. Extra length is coiled up and zip tied to frame. Some hydraulic shops have field service to do repairs at your MH.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7851

If anyone ever needs to buy / make their own line...For the Equilizer system at least (04 Endura) - Here is what you need to ask for:

"#4 JIC Female swivel" on each end, 1/4 hydraulic hose...The factory ships 1/8 inch hose which is vary rare and hard to find.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7852
My Equalizer has Eaton Synflex hose, PN 3130-02, having a 1/8 " ID.

If you have the same, and enough slack in the line, you could make a repair using a 1/8" barbed hose splicer like the one shown here.

http://www.wayfair.com/Western-Enterprises-Hose-Splicer-No-Stop-Barbed-1-8-ID-Hose-to-1-8-ID-Hose-53-ORS2971.html

You'll also need 2 hose clamps.

A good auto parts store may have it.

Charles

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7853
Hose clamps will work on a 2000 + PSI system? I'd be a little concerned they wouldn't hold up to the pressure, but you never know.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 7854
Forgot to post the link. http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/
I use them for fittings and hose on my tractor. If I could not find 1/8" hose I would get the next closest size and get fittings to get to the correct fitting size.
Hope ES is sending you a hose quickly without a high price.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 7915
Follow the line to the distribution block. You should be able to remove the line and any hydraulic shop should be able to make you a new line

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 7919

I purchased the hose form a local shop - 83.99 - 15 FT and is 1/4 inch, not 1/8 - Rated for 5,000. PSI.

Higher quality hose...I'm not sure how much it would have been from ES? I didnt want to wait for them to ship it.