Skip to main content
Topic: Replace Engine Start Batteries (Read 409 times) previous topic - next topic

Replace Engine Start Batteries

Yahoo Message Number: 8033
I'm thinking seriously about replacing the two engine start batteries. The MH is a '06 SENECA with a 6.6DuraMax. It is on a '05 chassis. The batteries are 74 months old. I can get a good price on OEM Delco batteries. Vehicle is currently in the storage yard. Does anyone know the Delco battery that came as std. equipt on this MH. I can go to the yard and check, but I thought that someone would know the exact battery to order. Thanks

Re: Replace Engine Start Batteries

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8034
Russ
You have a 2006 Chassis.
AC Delco only makes 2 batteries in 31 series. ACD31TP and ACD31TS. When I checked other battery cross reference with other manufactures. They all came back with same top post battery for replacement with either #.
My 2004 still has OEM batteries for chassis. Not worried about replacing them yet. But my MH is stored with a battery maintainer on it all the time.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8035
The OEM batteries that came in my 05 Endura were Delco G1110.

These are Group 31 750 CCA threaded stud top post.

I replaced them this year because of age, even though they would still start the vehicle.

I would have bought the same but they were not readily available locally.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/images/mediumduty/techspecs/electric.pdf

Charles

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8036
Your right. I was going from notes that I had collected from a thread on DP. I plan on replacing my batteries with 950 CCA batteries. In my area the 950 CCA 31 batteries are common on the self.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 8037

Why? The house batteries can be used with the overide switch in the dash to start the truck IF/WHEN they get weak = zero chance of being stranded.
Before I changed out those chassis batteries I also would load check them and verify their real status: why throw tour money away on a hunch?

~
Victor Burns | KI6IM
2008 Kodiak Dutchmen Diesel 34H

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 8042
One reason is that if they fail while on the road, locating replacements may not be easy. When I replaced mine, I found that neither Sears, Walmart, Costco, Advance Auto, or my local Chevy dealer had this size/style on the shelf.

Charles