Skip to main content
Topic: New York to Dyatona (Read 376 times) previous topic - next topic

New York to Dyatona

Yahoo Message Number: 8267
New here. We bought an 05 6430 Endura in the fall. Duramax and 5 speed. 33,000 miles. he dad read a great deal about the kodiak chassis and how some people were not happy with the ride but after some adjustments we are very happy with ours. We recently did a trip from Long Island to Daytona and had no problems. Here are the upgrades I made before we went.

Steer safe

Six BF Goodrich st230 tires

The motorhome came with the original Michelin tires. After some trips upstate new York I finally found to get the best ride and handling the best air pressure was 85 lbs. I knew this was below what Michelin recoemded based on the weight of the rig but at 95 lbs the ride was terrible. That's why I went the the BFG g rated tires. After some testing I have them set at 85 front and 95 rear. Rides and handles like a dream. and I'm still within the load capacity of the tire.

Only complaint about the trip was the Cross Bronx Expressway and GWB. Like being in an earthquake. The restnof the trip down 95 was smooth sailing. A little rough around DC but that's do the the construction.

Anyway we are very happy with the rig, aside from a few minor problems we are enjoying it.

I will say as a home builder it is a little disappointing poorly RVs are constructed in general but that seems to be the way it is.