Skip to main content
Topic: Electrical issues resolved! Good site for Generac Troubleshooting (Read 389 times) previous topic - next topic

Electrical issues resolved! Good site for Generac Troubleshooting

Yahoo Message Number: 8520
Well, I managed to fix the Generac issue. It turned out to be the Voltage Regulator. In my search for knowledge, I came across a great site with a fairly easy to understand flow chart. This is a must for troubleshooting a Generac RV 4700 generator. Just grab a good VOM, some patience, and you can identify the problem. The VR cost $120.00 from a local electrical supply place. Much less than hiring an electrician to come out. Glad it wasn't the stator or control board.

Link: http://www.guardiangenerators.com/PublicPDFs/E1881.pdf

Happy ending to a frustrating problem :)

Re: Electrical issues resolved! Good site for Generac Troubleshooti

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8522
Attachments :

Thanks for the link. I'll add this to the files section for any other Gaurdian genny owners. Hopefully you'll never need it.
    Greg
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lvdovec
    Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:54 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Electrical issues resolved! Good site for Generac Troubleshooting

Well, I managed to fix the Generac issue. It turned out to be the Voltage Regulator. In my search for knowledge, I came across a great site with a fairly easy to understand flow chart. This is a must for troubleshooting a Generac RV 4700 generator. Just grab a good VOM, some patience, and you can identify the problem. The VR cost $120.00 from a local electrical supply place. Much less than hiring an electrician to come out. Glad it wasn't the stator or control board.

Re: Electrical issues resolved! Good site for Generac Troubleshooti

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 8523
    Happy to help. If it saves someone else some heartache and dough, that's a good thing. :D big grin

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 3:33 PM
    Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Electrical issues resolved! Good site for Generac Troubleshooting

Thanks for the link. I'll add this to the files section for any other Gaurdian genny owners. Hopefully you'll never need it.
    Greg
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of lvdovec
    Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:54 PM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Electrical issues resolved! Good site for Generac Troubleshooting