Skip to main content
Topic: Sweetheart Rally and trip back to McAllen TX. (Read 1033 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sweetheart Rally and trip back to McAllen TX.

Reply #25
Yahoo Message Number: 8562
We have had those Goodyears on for a bit over a year and they have been good so far. Certainly better than the Goodyear G670's that were on before. We have the 225/70R 19.5 G. Even driven in the snow a couple of times.

David

Goodyear 647 vs 670

Reply #26
Yahoo Message Number: 8563
With the talk of the tires, what is the difference between these two?
I'm looking at 7 years on mine (670's) next September so the savings
plan is in effect for that moment.

Also Ron, you said you went up to 245's, was there any problem with the
clearance between the duals?

Take care,
Greg

Re: Goodyear 647 vs 670

Reply #28
Yahoo Message Number: 8568
Tread is different from the 670. 647's have a M&S rating. Also has a heavier sidewall. No problem with spacing. GM only offered one size wheel regardless of tire size. The main concern is Load Range. F, G, or H. 647 245 only come in G load range. If you need load range H then you will have to look at another manufacture.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #29
Yahoo Message Number: 8570
Ron wrote:

Tread is different from the 670. 647's have a M&S rating.

Do you notice any difference in road noise between those and the 670's?

heavier sidewall. No problem with spacing. GM only offered one size
wheel regardless of tire size. The main concern is Load Range. F, G, or
H. 647 245 only come in G load range.

I'll have to double check to see the load ratings on the 670's that came
on mine, but I think they're G.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #30
Yahoo Message Number: 8571
What mine came with was the Michlein XZE 245/70R 19.5 with load range H, go a load range higher if thinking about Goodyears to change to ???

Reply #31
Yahoo Message Number: 8572
Our 670's were load range F since the Four Winds is on the 19,500 chassis. For the 647's we went up to the G load range, though I still keep the tire pressure at 97lbs (95 for the load 670's)

I don't notice a difference in road noise, but of course there are so many other noises to drown it out.

You do feel the thumps on the road a little bit more.

We travel at Christmas each year so I did want to get the M+S rating. The tire shop also had Toyo's with a very similar tread pattern and the only reason I went with the 670's is that for the same price they were load range G instead of F.

Oddly, when I had the 670's it never snowed. Since we got the 647's we have been in snow twice.

David

Reply #32
Yahoo Message Number: 8574
Good year does not offer a 19.5 tire in the H load range. Need to go with Michelin. Without going into some of the Oriental tires. They are the only ones offering a H load range in a 19.5 road tire.
Best
Ron Hall