Skip to main content
Topic: Exhaust Tip Cooler (Read 459 times) previous topic - next topic

Exhaust Tip Cooler

Yahoo Message Number: 669

Weeks ago I published a safety issue on my blog concerning a fire hazard if you have a 2007i compliant duramax diesel engine, and do not have the exhaust tip cooler installed. At the same time, I filed a complaint with NHTSA concerning this problem as well.

Today I received a phone call from Four Winds with the instruction to contact a service dealer in my area to have an exhaust tip cooler installed. The cooler is attached to the very tip of your tailpipe. They have issued a service bulletin on this matter, and IF you have the 2007i compliant duramax diesel engine on your Four Winds product, and DO NOT have the exhaust tip installed, you should contact Mr. Tom Overton, with the Four Winds Technical Services department to arrange the installation. His phone number is 574-389-4577. If you do not know what the cooler looks like, I have it pictured on my blog at www.rvfactor.blogspot.com.

If others filed a complaint with NHTSA concerning this matter, thank you. Working together, we CAN make a difference on safety.

Denny

Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.