Skip to main content
Topic: Gulf Stream SAFETY RECALL NOTICE (Read 387 times) previous topic - next topic

Gulf Stream SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Yahoo Message Number: 8855
Re: Recall Campaign Number-12V-105

Models involved in the recall, Certain model year 2001,02,03,04,and 2005
motor homes; brands: Ultra, Conquest, Independence, Endura, Super C,
Yellowstone and Cavalier MH built with floor plans: 6316, 6317, 6330, 8325, 8328 all manufactured by GS from Jan 5 2001 thru March 14, 2005.

What is the condition? 110 Volt wiring installed in the MH cabinet that houses the refrigerator. This wiring may come in contact with refrigerator tubing (hot tubing) degradation of insulation and FIRE or BODILY INJURY. This is the electrical wiring NOT THE REFRIGERATOR.

Has anyone have knowledge of this SAFETY RECALL and what was the fix.

Did it require removal of the refrigerator from the cabinet, so as to look behind and see if wiring was burnt or insulation damaged?

The info I got from GS said it would be a two hour fix but didn't go into detail.

GS informed me to STOP USING THE MOTOR HOME IMMEDIATELY until inspection
and repair.

Anybody know anything? ? ? ? ?

Thank's for a quick reply. John

Re: Gulf Stream SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8859
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/results.cfm?rcl_id=12V105&searchtype=quicksearch&summary=true&refurl=email

I contacted Steve Tabias at Gulfstream at the phone number listed on the recall. He said that owners of affected vehicles should have been contacted last week. Give him the last 6 characters of your VIN if you need him to check if your vehicle is on the list.

He said the fix is to remove the refrigerator and secure the 110 line running through that cavity.

Charles