Skip to main content
Topic: Koni shock part numbers (Read 461 times) previous topic - next topic

Koni shock part numbers

Yahoo Message Number: 8862
The RV is a 2006 34ss with the 15,000 pound leaf springs. Im looking for the Koni shock part number, front and back.

Thanks,

Bill

Re: Koni shock part numbers

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8863
You can find them on KONI's web site http://www.konirv.com/ it will depend on whether your rear shocks are eye to eye or pin to pin.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of william
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 6:34 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Koni shock part numbers

The RV is a 2006 34ss with the 15,000 pound leaf springs. Im looking for the Koni shock part number, front and back.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8864
Thanks David.
I will ask again in a diff way. If you have a Seneca 34ss with 15,000 pound leafs, what Koni shocks did you install? some confusion in terms of part numbers..........?

Maybe RV.net would be a better place to ask?

bill

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8865
Their web site gives you that info if you use their selection chart on the right side. As I said it depends on whether your rear shocks are eye to eye mount or pin to pin. They also have a special listing for the 19,000 rear springs which are pin to pin.

From: @yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of william
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 7:23 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Koni shock part numbers

Thanks David.
I will ask again in a diff way. If you have a Seneca 34ss with 15,000 pound leafs, what Koni shocks did you install? some confusion in terms of part numbers..........?

Maybe RV.net would be a better place to ask?

bill

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 8866
There seems to be some confusion at Koni in terms of the part numbers and the correct shock package with the 15,000 pound leaf springs. Also i have read the length and travel of the Koni is shorter than the OEM shock when you order just based on the website recommendations (Is that bad? sounds bad). That being said....I was hoping to take a short- cut and get a quick answer.
I would love to hear from another Seneca 34ss owner who has done the Koni mod :)

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 8867
The confusion started when I replaced mine in 2009 with 19,000 rear springs. Up until then KONI only listed one set of KODIAK RV shocks, not realizing that GM had started to produce the 19,000 RV chassis and that is where the critical difference was.

Fortunately I am within 20 miles of the KONI warehouse in KY and the dealer who did my install was able to talk to their Engineer and get the right shocks(after 3 tries). KONI orignally sent the ones for the 15,000 and they were too short for the 19,000. Henderson performance even got involved shortly after that and there were numerous posts on not only RV NET but also on our (the KODIAK) forum. I was involved with a lot of those posts when people started to talk about shock replacement because of what I went through. If you have 15,000 rear springs the numbers on KONI's site are now correct. From what I remember, yes there is a slight length difference from the OE, but they are the ones you need. There was a major difference on the 19,000 and the red adjustable had to be used instead of the gold FSD.

You should be able to confirm the above info with HENDERSON. They even did some extra testing if my memory hasn't failed me. :)

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of william dotson
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 7:52 PM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Koni shock part numbers

There seems to be some confusion at Koni in terms of the part numbers and the correct shock package with the 15,000 pound leaf springs. Also i have read the length and travel of the Koni is shorter than the OEM shock when you order just based on the website recommendations (Is that bad? sounds bad). That being said....I was hoping to take a short- cut and get a quick answer.
I would love to hear from another Seneca 34ss owner who has done the Koni mod :)

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 8868
I have a typo it's Henderson Line up not performance http://www.hendersonslineup.com/

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Sparke
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 8:32 PM

The confusion started when I replaced mine in 2009 with 19,000 rear springs. Up until then KONI only listed one set of KODIAK RV shocks, not realizing that GM had started to produce the 19,000 RV chassis and that is where the critical difference was.

Fortunately I am within 20 miles of the KONI warehouse in KY and the dealer who did my install was able to talk to their Engineer and get the right shocks(after 3 tries). KONI orignally sent the ones for the 15,000 and they were too short for the 19,000. Henderson performance even got involved shortly after that and there were numerous posts on not only RV NET but also on our (the KODIAK) forum. I was involved with a lot of those posts when people started to talk about shock replacement because of what I went through. If you have 15,000 rear springs the numbers on KONI's site are now correct. From what I remember, yes there is a slight length difference from the OE, but they are the ones you need. There was a major difference on the 19,000 and the red adjustable had to be used instead of the gold FSD.

You should be able to confirm the above info with HENDERSON. They even did some extra testing if my memory hasn't failed me. :)

From:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of william dotson
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 7:52 PM
To:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 8869

Is the chassis a 2006? If so, I have a Four Winds 34g on a 2006 (15000# springs) chassis and the Koni's I installed were as follows:

FRONT: 8805-1023

REAR: 8805-1022SP1

IMPORTANT: The first set for the rears did not fit as the hole (eye) was too large. The "SP1" designation is a smaller diameter eye and the correct fit for my rear eye to eye. Some listings show the part number for the rear as 8805-1022 which was the larger diameter eye and did not fit my 2006 chassis.

Roger

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 8870
That is what KONI and Henderson show as the part numbers for the eye to eye. 2004-2010 15,000 chassis.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rsri1@...
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Koni shock part numbers

Is the chassis a 2006? If so, I have a Four Winds 34g on a 2006 (15000# springs) chassis and the Koni's I installed were as follows:

FRONT: 8805-1023

REAR: 8805-1022SP1

IMPORTANT: The first set for the rears did not fit as the hole (eye) was too large. The "SP1" designation is a smaller diameter eye and the correct fit for my rear eye to eye. Some listings show the part number for the rear as 8805-1022 which was the larger diameter eye and did not fit my 2006 chassis.

Roger

In a message dated 4/16/2012 6:34:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  writes: