Skip to main content
Topic: Small sliding window replacement (Read 518 times) previous topic - next topic

Small sliding window replacement

Yahoo Message Number: 9397
Hi, We just had our 2008 FW Chateau (34H) broken into yesterday (in our yard no less). We have the 2 bunks in the passenger side rear slide.

The sliding window on the lower bunk was the one they broke to get in and steal our 19" Olevia LCD. Does anyone know of a good source for a replacement window?

Unfortunately our RV insurance had just lapsed - and I'm not yet sure if our home owners will cover anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

(Also - are there any "RV Security Systems" that are worth looking at?)

Thanks, Arin

Re: Small sliding window replacement

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9398
Your homeowners wil cover if on the property. I have windows at home but we are traveling

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9399
I bet the window is fairly cheap to purchase and replace.

Bummer they break a window that is cost more than the Television they stole. Those TVs do not even have the bases on them so they are useless.

I now have mine kept indoors at my local RV storage place. They do all the get ready (fill water, fuel, propane etc.), dump tanks on return, valet it out to my pick-up staging area. They also fill the tires. If I am not there for 30 days, they run the engine / genset too!

Should keep the paint looking good. There is one other Seneca parked there too [Liberty RV Storage] - I told the owner about the group.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2012 6:56 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Small sliding window replacement

Hi, We just had our 2008 FW Chateau (34H) broken into yesterday (in our yard no less). We have the 2 bunks in the passenger side rear slide.

The sliding window on the lower bunk was the one they broke to get in and steal our 19" Olevia LCD. Does anyone know of a good source for a replacement window?

Unfortunately our RV insurance had just lapsed - and I'm not yet sure if our home owners will cover anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

(Also - are there any "RV Security Systems" that are worth looking at?)

Thanks, Arin

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9401
Bad news from our homeowners ins - they won't cover anything.

They said they would only cover the TV if wasn't originally installed in the RV at time of purchase (which it was).

So - I may be doing the windows myself. Is there any place to order a direct replacement for the whole unit (frame/glass/screen/etc.)?

Or am I better off just contacting a glass company to get a piece of glass cut and tinted to size/shape?

Thanks, Arin

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9402
first I would change insurance on both home and RV. Never heard if one or the other not being covered.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 9403
We just replaced a friends. Is there a second window that is the same? Pull rubber molding and cut silicon away and take to glass shop. Cost as much to tint as did glass. Very easy to do. Had my Seneca broken into. Tore tv off bedroom cabinet door $6,600 damage for $300 TV. Not surprised that Insurance would not cover.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9407
It seem like these windows cannot be take apart?

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 6:52 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Small sliding window replacement

Bad news from our homeowners ins - they won't cover anything.

They said they would only cover the TV if wasn't originally installed in the RV at time of purchase (which it was).

So - I may be doing the windows myself. Is there any place to order a direct replacement for the whole unit (frame/glass/screen/etc.)?

Or am I better off just contacting a glass company to get a piece of glass cut and tinted to size/shape?

Thanks, Arin

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 9408
Good to know.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Small sliding window replacement

We just replaced a friends. Is there a second window that is the same? Pull rubber molding and cut silicon away and take to glass shop. Cost as much to tint as did glass. Very easy to do. Had my Seneca broken into. Tore tv off bedroom cabinet door $6,600 damage for $300 TV. Not surprised that Insurance would not cover.

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9409
RV insurance had lapsed or it would have covered (if the deductible wasn't more than the window...).

Homeowners was already on deck to be shopped around, so this will force the issue.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 9410
Thanks Keith,

We do have an identical window above the 2nd bunk, so I'll use that as the template for replacement. We have a couple of glass shops in town.

Same deal for us - the TV was probably worth $300 or less, but the window and the cabinet damage are my real concerns. (although I hope not $6000 worth!).

Thanks again.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 9411
I changed out that crappy little TV with a 28" Hannspree from Costco which rocks! And it was $220 shipped to my door.

I bought two of them. It fits perfectly in my rear cabinet (master suite) where the old school tube screen TV was located.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Sent: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:24 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Small sliding window replacement

RV insurance had lapsed or it would have covered (if the deductible wasn't more than the window...).

Homeowners was already on deck to be shopped around, so this will force the issue.