Skip to main content
Topic: Service (Read 398 times) previous topic - next topic

Service

Yahoo Message Number: 9565
I'm not sure if this is going to help out on with the issue but with my 2008 Seneca 36MS I only go to a medium truck center for warranty all other I have a great diesel mechanic.

My point is if this is a non warranty issue then find a very good diesel mechanic. Any of the forums can help direct you to one in your area. You'll find the price is right and and much easier to deal with.

Service

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9949
Getting ready to pack front wheel bearings, new thermostats, change transmission fluid /filters and coolant. Anyone think of anything else at 50 k

Re: Service

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9950
I have not done the the thermostat's or front wheel bearings. Probably never will. Be careful to not damage ABS sensors.
If you think the front wheels weigh a lot on our MH's. Wait until you grab a hold of front hub and rotor.
Only need to do the external filter on transmission. Internal is only done if major work is done on trans.
Have you done brake fluid and power steering fluid/filter? Be careful with ABS. After changing fluid. Take MH someplace that you can make ABS work. Do not be surprised if pedal goes to floor. Pump the brake pedal to get fluid back into system. May need to bleed again. Mine took almost 3 quarts. I used a vacuum pump from Harbor Freight to change brake fluid. http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-fluid-bleeder-92924.html
I have never changed rear axle oil. But check it. Comes from factory with synthetic.
Best
Ron Hall