Skip to main content
Topic: Slide out seal (Read 416 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide out seal

Yahoo Message Number: 10080
I need to fix, maybe 3 feet only, of the rubber seal on the slide out (36 MS) rear side. The metal rib inside rusted and came off, so the rubber seal is not holding in place anymore.

I found the part, at uni-grip.com part# ED-50465, they confirmed to me that is what Jayco has used, since they have supplied in the past.

I was thinking of cutting the existing one at the 90 degree angle on the top or right above to the left of that under the slide awning, then installing the new piece of seal and somehow mending with silicone or something like, that I can do it I think myself.

I wrote for a quote and shipping, and he replied I should replace the entire seal, I can see maybe because would hold in place better, the problem is there is an awning on a 24 feet slide out, no way I can remove the awning on the top, and after going to 3 different dealearship shops to get it finally functioning as it should I am little worried of touching that thing again.

Question is (and I read on some forums) would the mending work?

I really really would like to avoid touching the awning or taking to a shop.
thanks
Mo

Re: Slide out seal

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10082
Give the splice a try. Worse you will have to do is remove the awing if it dose not work.
I help a friend with his awing and slide toppers on his Monaco. Was supplied how jammed up some of the parts were needing lube.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Slide out seal

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10085
Thanks Ron,

I did order 10 feet of the seal today, US$5.00/feet.

I will try to splice, and I am thinking doing at the top under the awning.
Will report later
thanks
Mo