Skip to main content
Topic: New Member to Group (Read 411 times) previous topic - next topic

New Member to Group

Yahoo Message Number: 10100
Hi folks - quick intro - new to this group - we recently traded our 1995 Winnebago Adventurer 30ft class A on a Gm W30 chassis, for our 2006 Seneca 34SS with the Duramax diesel on a Chevrolet C5500 chassis with only 10,000 miles on the odo from new. My wife also stopped riding up-front as she did not like being that close to the road....rode at the dinnette....(LOL)..

The Winnebago was great, but was getting "long in the tooth" and I was really wanting the economy of a diesel and the Seneca fit the bill. We tow a Jeep Cherokee Sport, with the Seneca you don't even know it is behind you - can't say that was the same with the Class A 454 on gas.....there is really no comparison with the 2 power train options.....also the Seneca does not require the operator hold an air ticket or special license as most diesels in this same length of class A MH does(at least here in BC.)

Must admit the Winnebago had some nicer interior finishings than the Seneca - but the Seneca is much more of a coach - totally satisfied. The only issues we have had that required returning to the dealer has been with the diesel generator, leaking major oil, and the levelling system kept going into error mode...... Well look forward to chatting with the group....

Doug and Judy
Maple Ridge BC
2006 Seneca 34SS
1998 Jeep Cherokee Toad
and "Abby" my Dog and faithfull co-pilot..........(she loved the view from the Class A....right seat).

Re: New Member to Group

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10101
Welcome to Kodiak Chassis Class C Motorhomes.
Lots of info here on this forum on Kodiak Chassis and all manufactures. If you do not find information that you need with a search. Ask all the questions you want. Someone will have a answer.
Generator leak is common on the QD5500. Good thing you got dealer to repair. My parts cost $200 from Onan. I removed it myself. But dealers want about $300 for taking generator out of MH for repair.
Best
Ron Hall