Skip to main content
Topic: Our fridge door just fell off! (Read 431 times) previous topic - next topic

Our fridge door just fell off!

Yahoo Message Number: 10184
The stupid little plastic piece that includes the hinge pin has broken clean off. Is there a fix for this? Norcold N84.

Re: Our fridge door just fell off!

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10185
Sorry to hear this. Most get a new door. Russ Hill bolted a SS angle across bottom of door. There is a bracket that is available to keep a door from breaking. See this thread.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/message/7051
Do a search for Norcold here on Kodiak chassis. You will find some other repairs and many more broken doors.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10186
You will need to replace the door, unless you can epoxy the hinge on. The bracket only reinforces the hinge it will not "fix" the break. You may want to contact Norcold since there was a problem. Jaycos were not the only units affected, if I remember correctly there were some posts about other brands on the web.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dee
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2012 6:31 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Our fridge door just fell off!

The stupid little plastic piece that includes the hinge pin has broken clean off. Is there a fix for this? Norcold N84.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10187
If you are out of warranty you can likely forget it and start digging into your pocket for a new door. Mine feel off at the rally in Elkhart the morning after we complained to Jayco about the problem. Jayco got a new door for me on Monday morning. Forget the cost but will look it up - think it was $125 installed. Just found it. $125.25.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10188
Does the door include the oak paneling or do I transfer that from the old door?

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10189
You take the panel off and put it on the new door.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dee
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 8:30 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Our fridge door just fell off!

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 10190
take yours apart - slide out the panel and install in your new one that will be "blank" when you get it.

Part of the problem is the wood is heavy, add to that 25 beers in the door, and maybe having the door fling open while driving and you have a chance for hinge failure.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

Sent: Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:30 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Our fridge door just fell off!

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10191
Yes, Jayco transferred the wood and it is heavy.

Don

ps Feel = fell in previous note.