Skip to main content
Topic: Levelling Jacks (Read 414 times) previous topic - next topic

Levelling Jacks

Yahoo Message Number: 10274
Hi - just curious if anyone has had issues with the levelling system on their Senecas (Mine is a 2006 34SS)? Mine has been in twice for repairs - this time I'm told it is a float valve causing my panel to go into alarm - even when the jacks are fully retracted. I have had to disconnect the plug from the touch pad in order to silence the alarm, in both instances. Any info would be appreciated - it is a Powergear levelling system.

Thanks

Doug

Re: Levelling Jacks

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10275
I have a 2006 34 SS. My controller board went bad and needed to be replaced. I understand it was down rev. from what they wanted to maintain. Panelstyle 500675.

A second issue was sluggishness during extension in cold weather. (Encountered after a freeze in Bryce.) That was solved by using Mercon V ATF as the hydraulic fluid.

A third issue is alarming on movement because of detected low hydraulic level. My tank was horizontal and the sensor is not in the correct place (I speculate...after the flip from vertical to horizontal mounting)- solved by ignoring the instructions and filling the fluid SLIGHTLY past the weep hole. [Please do this carefully, and with the jacks retracted of course.] This keeps the jacks from going off at every jiggle, but may cause your jacks to be down a tad after retraction.

Other than that - they have been perfect ;-)

Kevin

Tip Sheet 522 for calibration.

Watch underside stowing. Some folks have wonked their leveling sensor by hitting thesensor box which is in the underside storage area.

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Re: Levelling Jacks

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10276
You need to service the reservoir with ATF. The manual will tell you the type. There is a sensor in the top of the tank that when the fluid level is low will set off the alarm and flash the panel lights. Simple as that.
Denny