Skip to main content
Topic: Minor Electrical Issues and a Quirky Step (Read 403 times) previous topic - next topic

Minor Electrical Issues and a Quirky Step

Yahoo Message Number: 10277
Has anyone else experienced the dummy lights for the ABS and the Airbag staying on for a while then turning off? Sometimes they don't come on at all, and other times, one or the other will light up and stay on randomly.

One time, the entire dash took a crap on us, with nothing working. Limped home, shut down and restarted - everything was fine and has not acted up since. I suppose I was holding my mouth differently? Must be some little gremlin in there futzing around with our electrical system.

Also, our two step electric step is not deploying all the way out, creating a hazard, since the steps are shorter. When I manually pull it out the rest of the way, it slides in a little when you step on it, creating a hazard, since the step moves in a little less than an inch.

Still milling around the headlights and shock issues. Starting to miss my Winnabago a little. Happy Holidays you fellow RVers!

Re: Minor Electrical Issues and a Quirky Step

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10278
The steps are easy. Lubricate all the linkage points. Including the motor crank with a good lube. I use Corrosion X. There are other good lubes also. Lithium white grease in a spray can works well. But leaves a white residue.
Dash problems are probably caused by a bad connection. Look up under dash at end of steering column. Also check out the grounds. In the GM Up-fitter site you will find complete electrical drawings for our trucks. Look under Body Builder Manuals. http://www.gmupfitter.com/index.html
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Minor Electrical Issues and a Quirky Step

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10279
I had the step not going in all the way.

Lube, lube, lube
that did the trick
Mo