Skip to main content
Topic: New from Oxnard CA (Read 756 times) previous topic - next topic

New from Oxnard CA

Yahoo Message Number: 10412
Greetings,
My wife and I just purchased a 2009 Weekend Road Warrior RWS3400 on the C5500 chasis has the Duramax and Allison just over 24000. Have had other Diesels but never a Duramax or a truck so large so I would expect myself to be asking a lot of questions about service / maintenace issues and any good ideas on improving milage. I am a bit of a gear head and like to do as much as I can but do not have a large shop for major things.

We typically camp once a month. During the winter it is primarily Glamis. We just took the rig on our maiden trip there over New Years. We have a 16 trailer that hauls our Polaris RZR and al lof the support gear for it.

I look forward to chatting with you all and hope to be a productive member of the group.

Art

Re: New from Oxnard CA

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10414
Welcome to Kodiak Chassis Class C Motorhomes.
Good luck with improving mileage. Best way I have found is slowing down. Most of the heavier Super C's are stuck at just under 10 mpg. Just so you know. The gasers are 2 or more gallons lower.
The next best mileage improvement is getting rid of the DPF. Not a good idea if you live in CA.
Also look at a good custom tune from a EFLive tuner.
Get a set of gauges for EGT and Boost. I use a Scangauge II plus a EGT gauge.
Ask away. Lot of info here. Looking forward to you upgrades.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10415
Well we eventually got our Jayco Seneca today. Got some orientation but it was rather quick and somewhat intimidating as my knowledge is limited to begin with. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10417
Thanks. DPF Delete is not an option out here in the land of CARB. I need to get smart on the basics for the Duramax before I start really fiddling with it. Will look at your suggestions for tune and gauges.
Art

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10420
Welcome aboard, Art, from another Ventura County owner.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 10425
Never heard of that place but it looks awesome!

We were looking for a good place in the SB area!

Dave (from Folsom).

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 10427
Sounds like the start of a plan. We are probably heading south for MLK and Presidents days but any other weekend we are up for anything.

And since your all local where do you wash your rig and what shops do you trust for service?

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 10428
Art,

We are located in Santee, east of San Diego. Kind of out of your way for service. Although it is a little trek for us, Lake Cachuma would be great. There is also Flying Flags in Buellton/Solvang that is nice. Someone chime in and pick a location and date. We will be there!

Rob
Fourwinds 34H

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 10431
Spent 2 years at 10133 E. Mission Gorge Rd while in the Navy.. Also had a cousin who lived in Santee, passed away a couple years ago the Custeau's (Florence and Leo)

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of RYWheeler@...
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:29 AM
To: art.dykeman@...
Cc: kevinmccoy@...; KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com; bskeyes@...; russclaudia@...
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: New from Oxnard CA

Art,

We are located in Santee, east of San Diego. Kind of out of your way for service. Although it is a little trek for us, Lake Cachuma would be great. There is also Flying Flags in Buellton/Solvang that is nice. Someone chime in and pick a location and date. We will be there!

Rob
Fourwinds 34H

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 10453
I am also a KODIAK owner that resides in S. Calif. It would be a honor if the 'Real McCoy' would venture West to Lake Cachuma.....russ