Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 Kodiak C5500 User Manual (Read 512 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 Kodiak C5500 User Manual

Yahoo Message Number: 10473
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of a 2006 chassis manual for a 2006 Kodiak C5500 diesel? Specifically, I'm looking for something similar to a car manual that would tell me what the warning lights on the dash board mean.

I have two warning lights on right now.

- Check engine light (right by the tack)
- A wrench with a gear (or looks like one), below the radio

Thanks,

Matt

Re: 2006 Kodiak C5500 User Manual

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10476

I sent this earlier, but did not see it in my email, I will resend so ignore if you see 2 posted.

Roger

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10478

This is the third attempt, I did a cut and paste of my reply and did a new post, the reply didn't seem to be going through.
Roger

I sent this earlier, but did not see it in my email, I will resend so ignore if you see 2 posted.

Roger

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10480

I have a 2006 manual. I could scan the pages you need and email them. My 2006 C5500 had the wrench/gear light (Service Transmission Warning Light) come on and the truck did not act as the manual said it would. I pulled over, shut off the truck, and upon restarting the light was extinguished and has not come on in the past 600 miles.
Here is what the book says about the Service Transmission Warning Light:
If your vehicle has an Allison automatic transmission, certain transmission malfunctions will turn this light on.

Picture This light is located with the
of auxiliary warning lights in the
wrench center of the instrument panel.
gear

If this light comes on while you are driving, do not use the transmission shift control or you may lose forward gears. The computer for the transmission senses a problem and chooses a gear to stay in so that you can drive the vehicle in that gear. You may not be able to drive as fast or back up when this light is on.

Notice: If you continue driving your vehicle after the transmission warning light comes on, you could damage the transmission. While this light is on, the transmission cannot operate in all gears. If you attempt to shift gears, the vehicle may not continue to move. Do not attempt to shift gears while the transmission warning light is on. Instead, drive directly to a GM dealer for service. If you cannot drive to a dealer immediately, have the vehicle towed.
[End of page]

I never experienced the locked in 1 gear issue, and by the time my wife pulled out the book and we read this, I had driven a few miles and the transmission shifted down and up and appeared normal. It definitely was not locked in one gear. When I could pull over, I shut down the engine, expected trouble upon restarting, but all was normal with the light extinguished. I drove 600 miles home and the light never came on again.

Roger

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 10482
Also check the Allison website for information - it could be as simple as a service interval - check your fluid levels - the check engine light could be for numerous reasons (faults) - have someone "scan" the on board for a quick diagnosis....in most cases the light is a precursor to a service - if the light is on and flashing it is indicative of a more immediate problem.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10483
$3.50 from Ebay (Digital copy):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Kodiak-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-Digital-PDF-Owners-Manual-/180930515827?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item2a204c9373&vxp=mtr

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:23 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2006 Kodiak C5500 User Manual

Also check the Allison website for information - it could be as simple as a service interval - check your fluid levels - the check engine light could be for numerous reasons (faults) - have someone "scan" the on board for a quick diagnosis....in most cases the light is a precursor to a service - if the light is on and flashing it is indicative of a more immediate problem.