Skip to main content
Topic: "Bounce" Dryer Sheets/Mice (Read 509 times) previous topic - next topic

"Bounce" Dryer Sheets/Mice

Yahoo Message Number: 10497
Hi Folks - my wife Judy "insisted" that I go out and by a box of fabric softener and to place sheets throughout the motorhome. She had, heard/read/dreamed, that fabric softner sheets will keep mice from invading the RV...can anyone confirm that this works or is it an "Old Wives Tale"

Thanks Doug

Re: "Bounce" Dryer Sheets/Mice

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10498
There are numerous posts on various forums about "dryer sheet nests"... This is what you really need, not cheap but they give you a money back
guarantee. Also it is widely used by grain farmers to keep mice out of their combines. Here's a link to their web site as well as a review from Amazon.

http://www.earth-kind.com/default.asp

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Cab-Rodent-Repellent-Pouch/product-reviews/B0021LWPPY

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of senecasuperc
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 5:46 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] "Bounce" Dryer Sheets/Mice

Hi Folks - my wife Judy "insisted" that I go out and by a box of fabric softener and to place sheets throughout the motorhome. She had, heard/read/dreamed, that fabric softner sheets will keep mice from invading the RV...can anyone confirm that this works or is it an "Old Wives Tale"

Thanks Doug

Re: "Bounce" Dryer Sheets/Mice

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10499
We do the same. And refresh them during storage. Also helps have the smell fresh when we use again. - That and leaving the fridge open with Baking Soda inside.

[Shhhh - Not a word to Sandy - ] I have no evidence that this actually works. However rodents freak her out. So if it makes her feel more comfortable, then I can spring for the extra box. BUT I also - make sure that there is no loose food, being especially careful of anything dog related. (Everything in Tupperware, sealed containers,...) When we leave - Everything including the BBQ comes out. Nothing - even spices left behind. I do this fanatically. Also careful with sealing anything that allows access. (Great stuff and some copper mesh work great.) Putting dryer sheets everywere is also a good check to make sure that nothing is left behind, and no hitchhikers. So as I put the sheet in, I am really putting a marker that I checked that space.

An important thing is to inspect your slide outs before you bring them in. You can do this at the same time you make sure there is no standing water on the awning. You would be amazed at the critters you can avoid bringing in. A pass over with the squeegee can lead to a surprise or two. Insects mostly, but you never know.

Kevin