Skip to main content
Topic: Repair kit toilette (Read 724 times) previous topic - next topic

Repair kit toilette

Yahoo Message Number: 10502
Hi
Does anyone know if there is a repair kit for the toilette?
Just found out leaking, I checked the fittings and the pipes and they are all good it leaks when the pedal is pushed I can see water coming from the plastic piece in the back of the toilette.
Maybe a part number? I am afraid the whole thing needs to be replaced.

I am almost to the point that any reasonable offer will buy my unit.

Thank you

Re: Repair kit toilette

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10503
I just did mine the other day. The valve was $20 from the dealer

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

agilityaussie  wrote:

Hi
 Does anyone know if there is a repair kit for the toilette?
 Just found out leaking, I checked the fittings and the pipes and they are all good it leaks when the pedal is pushed I can see water coming from the plastic piece in the back of the toilette.
 Maybe a part number? I am afraid the whole thing needs to be replaced.

I am almost to the point that any reasonable offer will buy my unit.

Thank you

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10504
Cannot help you with specific toilet problem. But I do carry a spare valve. After a couple of neighbors in our park had failures And had to shut off all the water in their RV until toilet was fixed. I added a shut off valve in water line that feeds toilet. This allows use of water elsewhere in RV and a cup can supply water to toilet.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10505
How do I get to it?
I see the toilette has 2parts it seems

Do I need to remove the upper part?

Tks

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10506
Ron
Thanks

I only notice leaking when flushing otherwise it seems ok

I am reading all information on therefore site but can not find exactly if I need to remove the upper part or not
Thanks
Mo

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10507
Disconnect the water and unbolt it from the floor flange.   You can access the valve from the back of the toilet.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of agilityaussie
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:59 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Repair kit toilette

How do I get to it?

I see the toilette has 2parts it seems

Do I need to remove the upper part?

Tks

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 10508
I had same issue. I tried bounce, farm store smelly stuff, ultrasonic sound devices and finally when changing electrical transfer switch found how they were getting in and a big nest on top of transfer switch. Be sure to seal up all openings to underneath no matter how small. Also every six months I spray Mouse Free on undercarriage. It is a slippery spray with anti mouse scent. You hook it up to an air compressor and spray entire undercarriage.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10548
Ron would you mind putting a photo up as to where you installed the shut off valve ?? Thanks, hope you guys are enjoying
Texas.

Gary

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:46 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Repair kit toilette

Cannot help you with specific toilet problem. But I do carry a spare valve. After a couple of neighbors in our park had failures And had to shut off all the water in their RV until toilet was fixed. I added a shut off valve in water line that feeds toilet. This allows use of water elsewhere in RV and a cup can supply water to toilet.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 10549
Ron, I'm waiting for a new toilet as well and I noticed your shutoff. where do we find parts for that hose size ?
And can I just use hose clamps instead of those funky bands that are on there now ?
Thanks
Bruce

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 10550
I used pex tubing from lowes. Adapted from what I had to pec and added valve

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 10551
I put the valve in waterline where it comes out of vanity. The water lines is 1/2" PEX available from HD and Lowes. Valve came from HD. I have a tool that puts the crimp rings on that are in picture linked below. You can also find some valves in HD that require no special tools to crimp rings. I believe they are called Sharkbite.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/ronjhall/IMG_0344_zps74f175e0.jpg
Best
Ron Hall