Skip to main content
Topic: [KodiakChassisClassC] Norcold Regrigerator issue (Read 492 times) previous topic - next topic

[KodiakChassisClassC] Norcold Regrigerator issue

Yahoo Message Number: 10540
Damn, first reply had wrong sender address and bounced.

Begin forwarded message:

Fwd: [KodiakChassisClassC] Norcold Regrigerator issue

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10541
Second one with wrong sender address. Not a good day. :)

Begin forwarded message:

Re: Norcold Regrigerator issue

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10542
We had that too and the motorhome was not level when I turned fridge on. We called and you have to level it and reset it. However if you have turned it off and on too many times you cant reset it and have to take it to a licensed repair place and they can reset it. It will keep doing it until that has been done. I fortunately had only turned it off and on once before I called and was able to reset it.
Perhaps same problem?

Re: Fwd: [KodiakChassisClassC] Norcold Regrigerator issue

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10545
The repair guy came out and found that the burner was pretty corroded and flame was too small. It looked like a rusty barbeque burner. He put a knife blade in it and filed them down . He also put a tiny wire in the orifice the propane shoots through going into the burner. Seems like Norcold should have used stainless steel instead of nickel plated something.

Re: Norcold Regrigerator issue

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10546
Slope problem only happened to me once. It would not come on and I actually looked in the manual and it stated that more than 3 degrees off level front to back (MH not fridge) and the fridge would not come on. It was in our driveway and it was a new MH. I had to put it out on the street where it was much more level (I like using my iPad level) to make sure the fridge would work, and it did.

Don