Skip to main content
Topic: Break away wire (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

Break away wire

Yahoo Message Number: 10592
I went to see an old break buddy road master pro for sale, it seems like everything works, I did not try the transmitters though, and I assume the break is activated by inertia ? Am I correct?
Anyway, the only issue is the break away plug is an RCA on the break buddy and my car has a 2 plug black and red.

Is it safe to assume all I need to do is replace the plug? I do not know the order which one goes in the center?
Thank you much
Mo

Re: Break away wire [1 Attachment]

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10593
The ones in the attached photo are BANANA PLUGS - that is kind of dangerous as they could short out? I have a older brake buddy I bought and never used. I suspect they use an RCA plug and the chassis ground? You set up as shown uses the + and - leads most likely.

The one I have is inertia driven.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: Kodiak Chassis
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 3:13 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Break away wire [1 Attachment]

I went to see an old break buddy road master pro for sale, it seems like everything works, I did not try the transmitters though, and I assume the break is activated by inertia ? Am I correct?
Anyway, the only issue is the break away plug is an RCA on the break buddy and my car has a 2 plug black and red.

Is it safe to assume all I need to do is replace the plug? I do not know the order which one goes in the center?
Thank you much
Mo

Re: Break away wire [1 Attachment]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10594
I'm not sure I understand our problem. The breakaway device sits up front and is connected to the back of your MH by a coiled cable. From the breakaway device two lines go to the BB and they have the RCA plugs. How does your car tie into this? It shouldn't.

You can find a manual (not complete IMO) at http://www.brakebuddy.com/pic/instructions/classic_instr.pdf

Don

Re: Break away wire

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10595
Oh sorry

You described all correct

This is an old BB so there are 3 plugs
White and red, these are for the transmitters
Also a blue one which is for the brake away my car was wired by the previous owner but apparently his system used these two "banana plugs" instead a RCA plug so I have now banana plugs question is can I assume replacing the plug in my car for a RCA would work?

Re: Break away wire

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10596
I do not like ANY plug / connector that leaves a "Hot" wire in the open that can short.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Break away wire

Oh sorry

You described all correct

This is an old BB so there are 3 plugs
White and red, these are for the transmitters
Also a blue one which is for the brake away my car was wired by the previous owner but apparently his system used these two "banana plugs" instead a RCA plug so I have now banana plugs question is can I assume replacing the plug in my car for a RCA would work?