Skip to main content
Topic: Alcoa Wheels - Inflating Issue (Read 437 times) previous topic - next topic

Alcoa Wheels - Inflating Issue

Yahoo Message Number: 10672
Has anyone had a problem adding air to there tire (Alcoa Rims 19.5 inch with Bridgestones) I can use my pressure gauge with no problem - but I can not get any of my air chucks to work on the Alcoa valve stems - any info would be appreciated.

Re: Alcoa Wheels - Inflating Issue

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10674
I have a air chuck that has the same angled head that my gauge has. Do you have a similar matched air chuck and gauge?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10677

I found it cramped - so have put longer stems on all the tires over time. Just one left at the moment. Just a little more length improves accessibility. Some folks have told me that the longer stems (outfacing) can cause issues, but I am talking just a mild extension here, and have had no problems. Inward facing can still require some gymnastics, but not bad. (Michelin XZE)

Kevin
Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10681
Thanks for the input - took the unit to the "big tire truck service shop " this morning - as hard as it is to believe - it was a "user problem" - hurts to admit it but I was not properly engaging the air chuck on the stem(s) they through in a couple of extensions at N/C and sent me home.....