Skip to main content
Topic: Newby trying to learn my 2007 Endura 6362 Diesel (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

Newby trying to learn my 2007 Endura 6362 Diesel

Yahoo Message Number: 10687
Hi guys!

I'm new to RV's but always wanted to own one so I'm jumping in feet first when I pick up my 2007 GS Endura M-6362 Thursday. I have been pouring over the forums trying to learn as much as I can.

My first problem is that the guy I'm buying from has only owned the unit for less than a year and has no idea what has been done to it. My impression is it's likely stock other than a few minor interior upgrades. He has had it professionally serviced and purchased a very nice four year warranty that is transferable and has more than 3 years left.

This is a 37' unit with a 263" wheelbase on a 22000# GVWR/26000# GCVWR platform so I feel like the suspension upgrades would probably have a lot of value. If any of you know of some good pictorials of those upgrades so I can see if any have been done that would be awesome. I am not a very experienced mechanic and it all looks the same to me without some kind of visual aid. My inclination is to try some airbags and Koni shocks but the budget is tight for a while since I just bought it…. Any thoughts on the most bang for the buck? Can I install the airbags myself? I would also like to try a programmer but mostly just for fuel economy.

Since it's a 2007, how can I tell if the sixth gear is programmed on the trans? I understand they started making use of the sixth gear midyear of '07. Counting gears could prove a little iffy, I don't recall how distinctive the shifts were when I drove it but it seems like they were very smooth.

I plan on jumping on some CAT scales on the way home to see what this sucker weighs. I would like to tow a 4300# minivan (on a dolly) but if it is very close to GVWR that might be pushing it on the GCVWR. Does anyone have a 6362 out there?

Any advice for just starting out? I have to go to Gulf Port, MS from Northwest Georgia to pick it up so I'll get a 460 mile test drive by myself on the way home.

Thanks,
Neil