Skip to main content
Topic: 2005 Endura 6340 AC Units (Read 627 times) previous topic - next topic

2005 Endura 6340 AC Units

Yahoo Message Number: 10825
I want to order new shrouds for my AC units.

Does anyone know what model AC units were used on the 05 Enduras?

I believe they are the Duo Therm Penguins but can't match up the model number (product number off of mine is 991760371) on the unit to any of Duo Therm's products.

Thanks in advance...

Steven Kerns

Re: 2005 Endura 6340 AC Units

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10827
Duo Therm and Dometic are the same products. All Penguin (not II) shrouds are the same except for color. Black or Polar White. Some places sell a Colonial White. But GS's are Polar White.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10832

Ron,

Ok, thanks for the info!

I noticed tonight (after I posted the question) that the front unit has vent holes on the driver's side while the rear unit is solid.

Icon Direct offers their aftermarket shrouds with lifetime warranties and has both the vented and solid covers for the Penguin's so I am going to order one of each. I'll report back on them after I get them installed.

Steven Kerns

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10838
The holes are decals. So it does not matter.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10905

As a follow up, I got a chance to get up on the roof this weekend to evaluate everything and the front AC unit does have real holes in the cover!

Have not ordered the new covers yet, but will do so today.

I am off next week and have big plans! Install new vent cover, AC covers, new bubble window over the shower, remove the crank up antenna and replace it with an Omni unit (removing any chance of water coming in at the antenna!). Also going to clean and gel coat the roof and remove and reseal all roof joints.

I have a new set of electric stairs and the new air bag system sitting in my shop ready to install if I get the "have to get done" items completed.

Wish me luck and lets hope for good weather...

Steven Kerns

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10913
I have 2 new covers in the loaf of my barn. Both have same part #. One had what looked like decals for holes. Now I have to climb up there and check.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10918

Ron,

Thanks for checking, must be the way those were made. Were they from Dometic or aftermarket? I ordered my new units from www.icondirect.com last night.

As I mentioned in the last email, the front did have real holes so to be safe I ordered one with holes for the front and one without holes for the rear unit (they offer both) so they would be exactly like they came from GS.

They also had replacement skylights so I ordered a replacement for the original unit, but I ordered it in clear to let more light into the shower area.

Can't wait for the weather to warm up to start the fix up process!

Ron, on another note I wonder if you stayed at Two River RV resort in Sevierville, TN last September. On our trip to Arkansas last year we stayed there and as a Endura like yours with Michigan plates and wondered if it was you.

Thanks

Steven Kerns

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 10919
We stayed at Two Rivers a few years ago. But not last September.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 10920

Ok, sounds good. Great place to stay even thought we only overnighted there!

Steven Kerns