Skip to main content
Topic: A&E WEATHERGUARD COVER (Read 580 times) previous topic - next topic

A&E WEATHERGUARD COVER

Yahoo Message Number: 10864
I purchased a 2007 Gulf Stream Endura 6362 last summer. I need to replace the slideout cover on the 14' slideout. I am considering adding the Weatherguard aluminum cover as long as I have to replace the fabric. I have the Weathergaurd cover on both of my A&E awnings. I also have a 17' slideout, but that fabric is in good shape. If I added a hardcover to the 14' slideout, I would eventually to the same to the 17' slideout. I would like to know if anyone has had expierence with A&E hard covers that attach to the sidewall of the RV. Are they worth the extra expense? Have you had any trouble with them? Do they add much protection to the slideout cover when traveling? I have a shed for my RV so protection while stored is not an issue. I appreciate any comments both pro & con.

Thanks,

Glenn

Re: A&E WEATHERGUARD COVER

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10865
Can't address the A&E, but our SENECA has the Carefree slide out awnings with the weather guards. Haven't had any trouble.

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of GLENN EHRKE
Sent: Saturday, March 23, 2013 10:04 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] A&E WEATHERGUARD COVER

I purchased a 2007 Gulf Stream Endura 6362 last summer. I need to replace the slideout cover on the 14' slideout. I am considering adding the Weatherguard aluminum cover as long as I have to replace the fabric. I have the Weathergaurd cover on both of my A&E awnings. I also have a 17' slideout, but that fabric is in good shape. If I added a hardcover to the 14' slideout, I would eventually to the same to the 17' slideout. I would like to know if anyone has had expierence with A&E hard covers that attach to the sidewall of the RV. Are they worth the extra expense? Have you had any trouble with them? Do they add much protection to the slideout cover when traveling? I have a shed for my RV so protection while stored is not an issue. I appreciate any comments both pro & con.

Thanks,

Glenn

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10866
OOPS!.. Just realized you are talking about the covers that attach to the coach. Our covers ride with the slide out. SORRY!!

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of GLENN EHRKE

Thanks,

Glenn

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10867
I switched my slide topper covers over to full covers.
http://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas/USA/RV-Products/awnings/Products/?productdataid=67051
I like the looks better than weather shields.
They do have one drawback. If a lot of leaves or branches collect on slide topper. They have to be removed manually.
Weather shields still have a 1" area of vinyl exposed next to where slide topper connects to RV.
My patio awning has weather shield and has served me well since being installed in 2007.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10868
Glenn,

If you have protection while stored I do not see the point on adding weight and expense, the hard shell will collect everything leaf, twig, acorn, etc... you will have to maintain that, also when the spring on the roller goes bad and you need to manually roll the awning that can not be done you will need to remove the cover.
It does look nice, but simpler is better.
Thanks

Thanks,

Glenn