Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 seneca generator turns on when it is not supposed to (Read 448 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 seneca generator turns on when it is not supposed to

Yahoo Message Number: 11173
For some reason, every once in a while my generator will turn itself on and it sounds like it is running the pre-heat before starting, but never starts. it is set to manual mode on the control panel so i don't know why it does this. it usually does it sometime in the middle of the night and when i come out in the morning i have to hit the start button for a second and it stops. it doesn't do it all the time, just every once in a while. it started doing it last november for a few days and then it quit and now it started doing it last sunday again. if anyone has any info that would be great.

it is the onan quiet diesel generator.

Re: 2006 seneca generator turns on when it is not supposed to

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11181
If you have the EC-30 controller, you can push "ENTER" once to display the reason for the last automatic start. That might help narrow it down.

Regards,

David

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11182
Thanks David, I will check it out.

Mark

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:01 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2006 seneca generator turns on when it is not supposed to

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11185
I had thought it might be the auto-start feature but you say it is in
the manual mode...possibly you could have the software program re-flashed?

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11186
i played around with the control panel last night and went through it several times setting the manual function and setting the time and this morning when i checked it hadn't started the preheat function so i don't know what i did. i did notice that it is version 1.4. i guess if it starts acting up again there is a place close to where i live that has good reviews for servicing onan generators and i will probably ask them.

thanks all.

mark

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2013 9:07 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2006 seneca generator turns on when it is not supposed to