Skip to main content
Topic: QD 5500 oil filler tube (Read 385 times) previous topic - next topic

QD 5500 oil filler tube

Yahoo Message Number: 11353

Who said that the gen set had to be removed to change the crummy oil dip stick tube? I got the old tube out and will install the new one thru the front cover tomorrow morning. The hardest part is the Allen screw that secures the lower metal tube to the crank case. I am going to wrap the new tube with that rescue tape as was suggested by another poster here. There is a difference between the old and new tubes. A different crimp and the metal piece is longer. I found that the dip stick is not the same as well. I ordered only the tube so will have to replace stick. You would think for the price you would get the stick as well. I removed the mount bolts and move the gen set as far outboard as I could to remove the back to replace the gen drive belt.
Anyway I should have it up an running tomorrow after a thorough cleaning. What a mess . The break was right at the crimp.
Denny

Oil fill tube

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11363
Fill tube is replaced and the gen is all buttoned up. No leaks and runs like a champ. All done through the front. I did replace the gen drive belt so pulled the mount bolts and moved the gen outboard for inside clearance.
The fill tube was torn 3/4s of the way around the tube at the crimp. I wrapped the new tube with rescue tape. 1000 hr check is done

From my HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network