Skip to main content
Topic: Camping World another UNhappy camper (Read 1157 times) previous topic - next topic

Camping World another UNhappy camper

Yahoo Message Number: 11474
Hi,

Just wanted to warn you all about Camping World in Raleigh/Garner NC are.

Be aware of bad customer service and damaging your units, if you use them, which I hope you do not, before taking the unit out of their lot, call the manager (which is an A...) and do a very detailed methodic inspection on your unit.

I had high hopes when they open this location and I have had good service (by the way their technicians are probably among the best in the country), but I had the side of my MH splatter with dirt, no big deal since it has been raining a lot, but then when I got home and looking closely I see dents and chips, looks like someone span wheels next to it and gravel hit the side.
I called of course, but then now becomes my word vs. his (like I have any reason to lie) and then they asked me to go back and see what happened and what can be done, no way, never more.
Just wanted to drop a note to warn you all about that location.
Thank you
Mo

Re: Camping World another UNhappy camper

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11475
I will never order an anything from them. I ordered the Rand McNally 7720 Gps. When they sent me the order I did not get my Good Sam discount. Their response was that the order got lost in their system. They said that it happens sometime. They told me to redo the order. I should have cancelled the credit card then. Shortly my credit card company advises me that they are cancelling my card due to suspicious activity.  Their response has not yet been received.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11476
I had really hoped things there would get better when CW bought Hawleys, but I sure haven't seen it yet. The service manager could care less whether you come there or not. I don't know if they have the same techs that worked for Hawleys or not because after a couple talks with the service manager, I knew I wouldn't be going there. They've had a terrible reputation and I guess it's not going to change.

I drive 90 miles to Greensboro and have had great service from Colfax RV which is also a CW owned store. There is no comparison and the one in Raleigh is hurting their reputation. I think the Raleigh location has so much business that they just don't care about repeat business.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11479
Well, I can't say I am an unhappy camper due to Camping World but I am somewhat unhappy and need some guidance.

My lovely wife is saying she smells the toilet after it has been used 2-3 times even though we have tried almost everything to elimiate the odors. I usually end up dumping it everyother day regardless if it has been used over 3-4 times. Rarely, does it contain any large amount of liquid. It has the vent top that fits the vent pipe and points forward when traveling.

In the second, issue, last evening after stopping, due to the extreme heat, both the front and rear a/c's were turned on. It is normal but last night we had a couple of small fans running and a tv on. The generator acted as if the coughed a couple of times. At each cough, it would sound like it was going to stop but then smoothed out.

The fuel filter is only a few months old so I ruled that out. Turned of the rear unit and it did not happen again.

One final item. Any advise on tires?? Running Goodyear 245x70 and lost one yesterday. The outside tread seperated a foot or so but I found it before it threw it off.

Questions on '07 Duramax 6362.

Thanks,

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11480
I would say Im surprised, but Im not.

We recently went and looked at a Palazzo 33.2 they had on the lot, as well as a Gulfstream Super C on an Intl chassis. Wouldnt let us drive either. How, exactly, does one expect to buy an RV without a test drive?

That said, Id recommend Bill Plemmons over CW. Even in having my Equalizer hitch serviced (which I didnt buy from them), theyve never charged me a dime.

Re: Camping World another UNhappy camper (smell, tires, etc.)

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11481
On 7/14/2013 5:47 PM, Donald Gryder wrote:

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 11482

Greg,

Have you ever had any dealings with Camptown RV there in Clayton? Are they any good? I have a Jayco and they do Jayco...

Billy

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 11483
Billy,
OMG, that is a no no, not in a million years. Sorry...

If I say stay away from Camping World, I would say do not even think of going to camptown, it is a wonder how they are in business, when I first got the Seneca I went there few times, what a waste and aggravation and their technician was new and had no experience. That one was the first one off the list.

It is a shame this industry not having better customer service.

No I am not a pain, but it is a real wonder how they stay in business, they do better with TT it seems.

Mo

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Billy Piner
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:59 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Camping World another UNhappy camper

Greg,

Have you ever had any dealings with Camptown RV there in Clayton? Are they any good? I have a Jayco and they do Jayco...

Billy

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 11486
I use ours all the time with zero smell issues and often 5 days at a run. I never cleaned out the tank except to dump it...a couple times and if I did not use it much I will fill the tanks full with a hose so they drain out well.
I use the deep blue liquid in a white bottle from camping world. Odor is never as issue.
I suggest there is some other 'problem'

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

Cc: Donald Gryder
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Camping World another UNhappy camper (smell, tires, etc.)

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 11495
Have you looked at the studor vents above the sink traps on the vent pipes? If one is loose, it will stink.

Dan

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 11496
We had an intermittent smell we couldn't figure out. Flushed, cleaned, drained, etc. determined it was grey tank. Used black tank chemicals in grey tank with no change.
We ended up using a quart of bleach in sinks. No smell anymore. I know some people say don't use bleach. Some people also say they've used it for years, go figure

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 11497
On the Grey water side I do use Bleach - very dilutedon the sanitation process... 1/4 cup to 15 gallons, and run that into the grey water tank to slosh during startup. Then flush that with baking soda - 1/2 cup to 15 gallons. Again run into the grey water tank from the fresh water tank when sanitizing.

Underway if we have a problem then we we use enviro-clean in the p traps. Just making sure the p traps have a cup of water in them before travel solves some problems. If you still have an issue put a bit of eniro-clean in each p-trap. This stuff works best when it is warm!

Between the baking soda and the enviroclean - that is - since we started using those in our process - we have been blessed with clean sensors and accurate tank readings.

Kevin

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 11553
What do these vents look like?

I seem to be unable to locate them.

Do you know if there are any vent other that the 1 coming thru the roof?

Thanks,

Don

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 11555
My motorhome has 2. One under kitchen sink and one under vanity in bathroom. Here is a link to what they look like from HD. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-1-1-2-in-ABS-PTC-In-Line-Cheater-Vent-39012/100204205.
I do not know why you cannot get on the forum. YAHOO may be having one of their glitches.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 11556
The link did not open up.

How do the vents work?  How do I check to see if they are working properly?

There must be a vent leaking or something because one day there is no smell and the next day the smell is overcoming.

Thanks,
Don

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 11558
Don't know why it will not open. Go to HD site and search for cheater vent. Or do same on Google.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 11564
Copy and paste link into a google search window and then backspace/erase the period on the end of the link.

Mike

Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2013 1:50 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Camping World another UNhappy camper (smell, tires, etc.)

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 11574
A studor vent is a small ABS fitting that screws on the top of the ABS pipe under the sink. It acts as a vacuum break for the trap. If the threads are not tight, it will let gas from the holding tank escape. My Dutchman has one at each sink just below the counter top. If your sink doesn't have a vent pipe in the roof, it has a studor vent. The tank vents through the roof.

Dan