Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 seneca 34ss super springs (Read 534 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 seneca 34ss super springs

Yahoo Message Number: 11489
Well after letting them sit on my shop floor for six months, I finally installed my super springs this past weekend. What a difference it made in how the coach handled. On the test drive I hardly felt any sway going down the road and I had better steering control. Now I just need to save up a little money and change out the shocks.

Re: 2006 seneca 34ss super springs

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11491
It will be "dreamy" after you change out the shocks. The $hit factory ones have really bad valving only on the compression side. The Koni shock I put on mine made it ride fantastic and all those little bumps and swayles in the road are gone....as is a majority of the body roll.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 4:27 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 seneca 34ss super springs

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11492
This gives me hope that when I get new shocks on my 06 gulfstream that the drive will be less 'exciting'.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11493
It will and a lot. The Springs I think are more necesary on the Seneca models on the 22,000# chassis. They are fat pigs like that - my 19,500# base chassis needs no helpers etc. and even if I throw a 1000# trailer tongue weight it still does not sag.

The body roll will be limited with better Compression and Rebound Damping. When the body wants to "roll" it compresses one side and decompressed the other side. What this means is the better shock valving on compression works great in bumps and road depressions etc the rebound evens out the "bouncing" and the combination of the two during a roll not has to fight against shock valving on BOTH sides. One sides compression valving is way better and opposite now has (any) rebound damping and thus your body roll is so much better managed. In addition because the valving is so much better the box wont rock back and forth anymore either - it will gently roll one way and right itself to straight instead of back and forth a few times.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 6:58 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: 2006 seneca 34ss super springs

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11494
My 2008 Seneca 35MS rolls pretty good on extreme dips, but does not oscillate violently back and forth in the recovery like my 35' Expedition pusher did, which had air suspension. The extreme roll and oscillating there was a noted factor in deciding to trade.

I imagine the Koni part number has been mentioned somewhere, but I don't see it in this thread. Can you enlighten me?