Skip to main content
Topic: Shower leaks (Read 1053 times) previous topic - next topic

Shower leaks

Yahoo Message Number: 11518
I am my wits end. Leaking somewhere from the shower. Coming out underneath and onto carpet through under frig. Can't get to all the pipes. Guess will take to rv ace ax much as I hate to.

Re: Shower leaks

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11520
Does it leak all the time or just when the shower is used?

Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11523
Check the water line feeding the ice-maker on the back of the fridge. I had a loose connection there.

If it only leaks when using the shower check the caulking around the enclosure I had that problem as well.

Dave

daneg  wrote:

I am my wits end. Leaking somewhere from the shower. Coming out underneath and onto carpet through under frig. Can't get to all the pipes. Guess will take to rv ace ax much as I hate to.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11526
Dane, As I posted earlier check the caulking on the enclosure especially on the right side and along the bottom. I had water leaking there and you could only see it if you looked into that small space between the shower and the wall (needed a flash light). Luckily mine was running out through the hole in the floor where the wires come up and drained outside, but I had a nice "steady" leak whenever we used the shower until I re-caulked everything with silicone.

Dave

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11529
Dane, Do you have the 35GS? If so the cabinet with the sliding drawers between the fridge and fwd wall of the shower has an access panel to the shower control. You have to remove the drawers to get to it. Possible loose line to the shower head.
Denny

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 11530
My leak there was from the mount for the faucets. I had to remove that and reseal it.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 11531
My bad. The head line is external in the shower stall. Still worth a look. Also the drain may need to be resealed.
Denny

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 11534
That appeared to be our problem as well. Jayco sealed off the top of the shower stall and the problem went away. I think I have some photos in the files and I'll have a look and post a link if I find them.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 11536
I want to thank you all for a the great advice over the past 4 years. I no longer own any RV and would like you to drop me from the group.

Thanks again,

Bill Burns

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:22 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Shower leaks

That appeared to be our problem as well. Jayco sealed off the top of the shower stall and the problem went away. I think I have some photos in the files and I'll have a look and post a link if I find them.

On 2013-07-18, at 9:27 AM, daneg adjret@...> wrote:

Just when shower is used

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 11537
You need to do that yourself. Go to the group home page and at the top is an "edit membership". But you don't have to leave you can still read and maybe even contribute

Dave

William Burns  wrote:

I want to thank you all for a the great advice over the past 4 years. I no longer own any RV and would like you to drop me from the group.

Thanks again,

Bill Burns

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Leslie
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:22 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Shower leaks

On 2013-07-18, at 9:27 AM, daneg adjret@...> wrote:

Just when shower is used

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 11538
Bill, you can sign on and then have 2 choices. You can turn off all email and at some future date if you wish turn it on again. Or, you can leave the group. Those are the options you will see when you edit your settings.

Don

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 11539
No not that. I have pulled faucets and not that. Believe it is underneath where drains but cannot get to it under refrigerator.

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 11541
Remove the two screws on the fender skirt (front and back) then you can lift the skirt and remove about 12 screws holding the sheet metal over the tires, that will give you access to the shower drain.

Dave

daneg  wrote:

No not that. I have pulled faucets and not that. Believe it is underneath where drains but cannot get to it under refrigerator.

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 11542
That is where we found the water as well - under the fridge.

Good luck finding and fixing. Sure is a PITA.

Don

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 11544
We have a one piece showers so not coming
From top or bottom is shower itself.

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 11562
We had a leak like you are describing, we took it in and the said the connection behind the hot cold valve in the shower is where it was coming from, we were told that if we use a pressure regulator it probably would never happen again.