Skip to main content
Topic: Moving TV (Read 585 times) previous topic - next topic

Moving TV

Yahoo Message Number: 11706

Hello All,
We are thinking about moving our TV to side of the motorhome over the chair on the passenger side, anyone else done this or any suggestions? We also are going to take the Sofa out and put in 2 recliners all help appreciated. The best options on making these changes and purchasing the recliners.

Thank You All very much for all the great posts!

Richard and Frances

Re: Moving TV

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11707
I have a Endura 6316, removed the TV lined the space with 1/4" luan from Home Depot over new 1x2 frame bracing insulated all around and above, ordered doors to match from a cabinet shop, stained and finished all to match existing and added shelves to all cabinets. replaced the couch with a double recliner we found on craigslist, bought the LED TV at Costco and swing arm on e-bay. I made the lids inside the cabinets removable as to access the wires. Had to drill holes through the bulk head braces (the fabric covered pieces between some of the cabinets) big enough for the cables and wires back to the stereo cabinet and the adjoining compartments to run cables and wires (be careful here as there are power wires in these). We found a double recliner that just fit the right color and came apart (into 2 pieces) removed the passenger seat and I think the door (don't remember for sure) to get inside the release handles for the recliners are a close fit but work (get the kind that are a recessed cup not the handle type as the require more space.
tried to send pictures but failed?

Bob Schlieder

To: Kodiak Endura
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 6:09 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Moving TV

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11713
I uploaded photos of how I done mine. Learn from my mistake! When purchasing a
TV, make sure the view from all angles are good, or you will be taking it back
and readjusting your mount.

Wink's TV Mount

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11716

Good Morning all,
Thank you all for suggestions and photos. We have the T V moved and installed, we removed the doors to the cabinet over the chair behind the passenger seat, looks great! Still looking at recliners! This Forum is great!

Hope everyone has a great day, and Thanks again!

Richard and Frances