Skip to main content
Topic: Radiator leaks (Read 679 times) previous topic - next topic

Radiator leaks

Yahoo Message Number: 11715
Anyone else experience the radiator leaks that Victor had (several) and I had (2)?

Dave

Re: Radiator leaks

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11717
I'm on my second radiator and just had to add a gallon of anti-freeze before I could move it this morning. Looks like the problem is back.

By The Way . . . I'm sitting in the RV lot at Suncoast Designs (Hudson, FL) having two windows repaired- "de-fogged." When the workmen took out the windows, there was absolutely NO caulk, putty or glue sealing either window. SHAME on Jayco, Seneca workmen!

George

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11718
If I remember correctly there is a "rubber bulb seal" on the window they don't use caulk.

Dave

George A Hooper  wrote:

I'm on my second radiator and just had to add a gallon of anti-freeze before I could move it this morning. Looks like the problem is back.

By The Way . . . I'm sitting in the RV lot at Suncoast Designs (Hudson, FL) having two windows repaired- "de-fogged." When the workmen took out the windows, there was absolutely NO caulk, putty or glue sealing either window. SHAME on Jayco, Seneca workmen!

George

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11719
Thanks, I'll check tomorrow when they bring the repaired windows out. The workmen, who do thousands of these, seemed amazed. I'm parked next to two big Prevost coaches. Guess money can't buy decent RV windows.

George

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11720

I am on my 4th radiator...sucks to be me. BTW GMC are liars and the supposedly new design radiator they gave me is exactly the same part number leaving me believe its not an updated part?
~
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12096
Yep! but only once. It leaked on the drivers side lower down. Noticed it when engine (6.6 Duramax) shut down will I was taking it out of storage this spring. Ran it all summer as it only leaked (1/2 - 2 gal.) when parked overnight or longer, I could run all day with no loss of fluid. Finally got it replace in Sept. didn't want my good luck to run out! (Good Sams extended warranty) at local GM truck dealer. (part #15258918 listed @ $622.55)

2008 Four Winds Fun Mover 35D (toy hauler) Dynamo

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 12097
Our Duramax has a problem with the radiator leaking but only when it is NOT under pressure. When we go on a trip and drive daily it doesn't leak but if we let it sit for a week we need to fill the radiator overflow or the engine shuts down due to no water. Took it to the shop and they left it overnight and it didn't leak. Go figure. We took the radiator out and pressure tested and it was fine. Checked all hoses and fittings and everything checked out okay. But if we forget to fill that tank before a trip we don't make it out the drive. Would love some insights.
Dave and Gail
2009 Jayco Seneca HD 35 GS
Washington State.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

dynamo_mo@... wrote:

Yep! but only once. It leaked on the drivers side lower down. Noticed it when engine (6.6 Duramax) shut down will I was taking it out of storage this spring. Ran it all summer as it only leaked (1/2 - 2 gal.) when parked overnight or longer, I could run all day with no loss of fluid. Finally got it replace in Sept. didn't want my good luck to run out! (Good Sams extended warranty) at local GM truck dealer. (part #15258918 listed @ $622.55)

2008 Four Winds Fun Mover 35D (toy hauler) Dynamo

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 12098
You should be seeing antifreeze someplace. I always had a small spot on the ground when it leaked, but never lost enough to even notice on the overflow tank.

I replaced the "2nd" OEM with an all metal soldered tank. When I took it to the dealer the 2nd time it would not leak even under pressure while still in the coach so I went to a radiator shop. The shop where I bought the all metal tested mine and found that the crimps on the lower drivers side were not competely down. They recrimped it and retested and it did not leak so now I have a spare. but since the crimps have been known to "loosen" due to expansion/contraction I spent the money on the all metal.

Gives me peace of mind.

Dave

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 12099
I'm on my second radiator and recently had to add almost a gallon of anti-freeze before I could move it. Has anyone tried one of those aftermarket radiator stop leak additives from the auto stores?

George