Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 seneca 34SS driveline debacle (Read 464 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 seneca 34SS driveline debacle

Yahoo Message Number: 11721
After feeling the vibration that would come and go as I was driving down the road start to get worse, I crawled under my motorhome last week and checked the driveline out. What I concluded was that the carrier bushings were worn out thus causing the driveline to vibrate. I was going to change the bushings myself, but decided to take it in since i didn't want to go by the special star wrench for the bolts that hold the sections in place.

The shop where I took my coach took a look at it and thought it might be a bit more than just the bushings, so they pulled it off and took it to a driveline shop to have it balanced. Glad they did as it turns out that the last section of the driveline was bent about 1/4 inch and the shop said it was on the verge of catastrophic failure. So they are going to fabricate a new section today, replace all of the u-joints, and reinstall on my MH. Hopefully I should be motoring smooth as glass down the road in the very near future.

Don't know how it got bent in the first place, but a buddy of mine thinks the previous owner may have hit something on the road like a tire cap or something and that bent it.

So if you feel a vibration it might be more than you think.

Re: 2006 seneca 34SS driveline debacle / Super Springs

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11722
Wow, instructive and SCARY.

Also - How are those Super springs working out now that you have some wear in time?

Kevin
Jayco Seneca 34 SS 2006.

Re: 2006 seneca 34SS driveline debacle / Super Springs

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11724
The super springs made a considerable difference in the way the rig handles. A lot less rocking and rolling going down the road and better handling through the curves. I am looking forward to upgrading the shocks here once I get the driveline paid off. The way it sounds, I'm looking at 12 to 14 hundred dollars for the driveline repair.

Mark

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Cc: yackleymark
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2006 seneca 34SS driveline debacle / Super Springs