Skip to main content
Topic: No power to outlets? (Read 639 times) previous topic - next topic

No power to outlets?

Yahoo Message Number: 12210
Hi guys,
Could use some input. We have no power to some of our outlets (TV) They all seem to be the one's that are also associated with the inverter. Situation is the same with shore power, generator, or inverter. I checked breakers and fuses. Looked in the cabinet at the power converter/inverter. Did not see anything out of order - but I really don't know what to look for.

Help please!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NoteĀ® II

Re: No power to outlets?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12211
You said breakers and fuses, did you also check the GFIs?
There should be 2 or 3 depend ending on your unit model and also one on the inverter.
If you did not check it may be it.
Tks

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12212
Yes. I have 2 GFI. Both were ok last night. Now, after night of rain, one in the kitchen, tripped and will not reset. Not sure if it is related as the problem was present prior to the rain. ..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NoteĀ® II

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12213
I have a Seneca35GS and I too lost power to outlets. I removed the cover from my 120V outlet panel and discovered that the wires from the breakers were loose. I removed all p[ower from the MH and then retightened all the wires that led out from the breaker ( load side of breaker). A number of the wires were loose. Since that time all has worked well.............................Seneca 35GS

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12215
I had all my GFI go bad and had to replace them.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

On Friday, November 29, 2013 2:31 PM, "russclaudia@..."  wrote:

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12216
I was told by an RV place, that all inverters are not pass through and that they need to be turned on in order for the outlets attached to them work. Long story on how I came to find this out, but they replaced the inverter and the pass through electricity worked again. The inverter may be bad as I know mine was, ( long story on how I knew that for sure).

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] No power to outlets?

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 12217
I would caution everyone to check their specs. This is not the case with the Xantrex inverters of which I am familiar.

For Example the Xantrex RS400 inverters have no off position.  They are either on or standby.

From the manual

When the On/Standby switch is in the Standby ( ) position
with the RS400 connected to shore power, AC voltage will be
present at the output of the inverter.

Your inverter may be different.

Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 12218
The same applies to the Xantrex 1800 if I'm on shore power they are hot, whether the inverter remote switch is on or not.

Dave