Skip to main content
Topic: INTERCOOLER PLUMBING (Read 542 times) previous topic - next topic

INTERCOOLER PLUMBING

Yahoo Message Number: 12255
First off Merry Christmas to all! and may your next year a better one.

I have not been participating in the group but in typical lurker fashion I am in need of some wisdom. So here I am.

I have a Weekend Warrior super C mounted on an 08 Kodiak C5500 Chassis.

When the road side assistance guys showed up to help get my leveling jacks retracted (another story) they found a hole in the intake tubing from the intercooler to the motor (Cold Side).It was either caused by rubbing or melting or a combination of both from the AC tubing running next to it. They were kind enough to find the part for me and in an effort to save some $$$ I am planning to install the new one myself.

Has anyone else had this happen?Any guidance on changing the tube out?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Art

Re: INTERCOOLER PLUMBING

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12260
I have not seen it as problem here on Kodiak Chassis. But have seen the complaint on Diesel Place, I checked my AC lines this fall. Did not see any wear. The recommendation is to put a rubber hose around the AC line/s where it rubs.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: INTERCOOLER PLUMBING

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12262
Forgot to mention that there should not be any problems removing old tube and installing new. If surface where new hose will slide on has oil on it. Clean it before installing new coupling. These hoses have been known to blow off with oil on clamp area.
Best
Ron Hall