Skip to main content
Topic: Surge Protector and Water Filter (Read 773 times) previous topic - next topic

Surge Protector and Water Filter

Yahoo Message Number: 13037
Thinking of getting a surge protector and water filter- I don't have a lot of time to do the research so i would just look to you all on what to purchase. Really appreciate your thoughts.

07 Gulf Stream Endura

Steve Phillips

Re: Surge Protector and Water Filter

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13038
On 6/15/2014 11:49 AM, Steve Phillips
[KodiakChassisClassC] wrote:

Thinking of getting a surge protector and water filter- I don't have
a lot of time to do the research so i would just look to you all on
what to purchase. Really appreciate your thoughts.

I use a 50 amp surge protector from Progressive, here's a link. Not
cheap, but I don't think there is any better.
http://tinyurl.com/keef9mk

For a water filter, I use these. There is probably better, but I've
never gotten sick either.
http://tinyurl.com/ktg54bt

Take care,
Greg

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13039
Attachments :

I went with Progressive Industries 50a hardwire version. Mine is setup with plugin pigtails so I can take it out of the system if needed. So far so good.
    Greg Thompson
    MN
    '05 Gulfstream Endura Duramax

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com]
    Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2014 10:49 AM
    To: kodiakchassisclassc@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Surge Protector and Water Filter

Thinking of getting a surge protector and water filter- I don't have a lot of time to do the research so i would just look to you all on what to purchase. Really appreciate your thoughts.

07 Gulf Stream Endura

Steve Phillips

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 13040
    We have this one. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/portable-surge-guards-with-lcd-display-50-amp/58465

and I use a whole house filter in line with the water hose. I actually have the filter placed in the utility compartment. you can get the necessary pipe thread to hose fittings at Lowes or Menards to modify it.

Dave

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 13041
    I have a permanent mount 50 amp Surge Guard. Works good for me. If it needed replacement I would get a Progressive Dynamics permanent mount with remote display. EMS-HW50C 50 Amp Hardwired EMS with Remote Display

I have 2 whole house water filter in series. First one is 20 micron. Second is a 5 micron filter. Then I have a On-The-Go water softener. This makes a big difference in how your fixtures and toilet operate over time. Do not forget to use a pressure regulator set at less than 60 psi.
    Best
    Ron Hall.

Reply #5
    Yahoo Message Number: 13043
    We have the same unit and it has now been used in four different motorhomes. Well worth it since it has caught several problems.

Don

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 13045
    Progressive Dynamics. -

The one I have stores the last issue encountered. Has turned out to be very good at detecting floating neutral, reverse wiring etc. Also you can see if there are brown outs when you are away... Plus the timer keeps you from air conditioner issues in momentary outages.

Camco Two Pack - water filters - though you can certainly use the stuff from Home Depot, I have a set up where I have the pressure regulator, the filter, a splitter, and the hose to the intake. Saves time. Also the flexible connector is a help when you get to a campground with a challenging faucet...

Kevin
    Kevin (Real) McCoy [@KF5FUZ]
    ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #7
    Yahoo Message Number: 13046
    Thanks so much for the input- I will be adding this next weekend-
    Really appreciate you all responding and the very valuable help.

Steve Phillips
    Vice President of Sales & Marketing
    CLC WorkGear- goclc.com
    WildRiver- gowildriver.com