Skip to main content
Topic: Onan Generator fault #36 (Read 602 times) previous topic - next topic

Onan Generator fault #36

Yahoo Message Number: 13081
Good evening, ladies and Gents,
Again, I need your experience opinion, about Onan generator. I have a fault indicator #36. I replaced the spark plugs, air cleaner , and both Fuel filters. I am still having the same issue. I was wondering, will a carburetor cleaner works? I will appreciate any advice that works for any of you in the past. Thank you, and hope you all having a great day camping and traveling!

Thanks,
Alex of El Paso, Texas

Re: Onan Generator fault #36

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13084
Attachments :

Alex,
    Do you have a troubleshooting list for fault code 36? I have a service manual from a KY series 4k gas genny. I can copy the page and send you if not. S/b at least similar if not the same. Looks like lots of possibilities with that code.
    Greg
    MN
    '05 Endura Duramax (although Victor's email regarding a used Embark for under 100k has me drooling)

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:28 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Onan Generator fault #36

Good evening, ladies and Gents,
    Again, I need your experience opinion, about Onan generator. I have a fault indicator #36. I replaced the spark plugs, air cleaner , and both Fuel filters. I am still having the same issue. I was wondering, will a carburetor cleaner works? I will appreciate any advice that works for any of you in the past. Thank you, and hope you all having a great day camping and traveling!

Thanks,
    Alex of El Paso, Texas

Re: Onan Generator fault #36

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 13085
    I have it as well, it is a long list , thank you for taking the time

Alex Santos