Skip to main content
Topic: [SuperCrvgroup] New member - Gulfstream Supernova 6331 (Moth P (Read 542 times) previous topic - next topic

[SuperCrvgroup] New member - Gulfstream Supernova 6331 (Moth P

Yahoo Message Number: 13366
Sounds like the Stinkbug and Ladybug (they're a related species) we've run into in the past. Totally harmless, but a royal PITA.

Dave

Re: New member - Gulfstream Supernova 6331 (Moth Proofing - Salt F

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13367
Thanks for the welcome.

So far the rain has been generally holding away from the salt and it is staying dry. Waiting to hear what last night brought. I am leaving tomorrow regardless, the salt dries out quickly even if it does rain.

I don't set up camping on the salt flats, actually nobody is allowed to during Speedweek. There is a big camping area on the entrance road which is BLM land and free camping. I stay at the future Bonneville Museum site which is graveled lot for now, much cleaner than the dirt areas on the entrance road. Also free at museum site and all of it is dry camping. Lot better than the $200+/night hotel rates. I also would not want to take my motorhome out on the salt, too much trouble to clean up after. Enough work to clean up my hot rod which I drive all over the salt and in town for the time there.

I have not really noticed any moth problems when I have been there. Flies can be a PITA. Maybe being later in summer the moths are done and gone? Guess I will find out soon enough!