Skip to main content
Topic: 2006 Gulfstream Endura-6378 (Read 822 times) previous topic - next topic

2006 Gulfstream Endura-6378

Yahoo Message Number: 13939

Hi All, new owner of a LOW MILEAGE, Never used stovetop, Never used convection/microwave.
Owner took to RVDealer on consignment. I offered such a lowball offer, even I was almost embarrassed. But owner said "yes" with no counter offer. So RV Center had to put 6 new tires on it, new motor and house batteries, a new LED HD TV up front, changed all fluids and filters. So now we own a Super C RV, with only 14,000 miles on it. Drove home 120 miles. It drove very nice, great a/c, sound system. Went camping about 20 miles from home to give it a "camping test". All was good. Went 65 NE into Oklahoma, where they actually have water in their lakes. Our lake where potable water comes from is currently at 19.7%(NOT A MISPRINT) after getting it down to a little less then 1/2 tank of fuel (80) gal tank, I dumped in 1 qt of AMSOIL Diesel Fuel Cleaner- a double dose cleanup, and 16 oz of AMSOIL Cetane Boost. Also double dose. My wife found a new LED HD TV for bedroom. She disconnected wires, brought it in house. I took off old TV, installed new bracket, she took it out and reinstalled. She also found on Amazon Prime a new Memory Foam RV queen size mattress and a new Memory Foam FullSize Hide a Bed mattress for $460 for both delivered. I changed out rear end, transmission, changed oil and filter(All AMSOIL of course). Next will be Bilstein shocks all round. Then I guess drive somewhere far away?

I have it parked in secure lot, covered storage 40' deep, and only open in front. Anyway, We left town for a couple of weeks. So after a month,I went over and unlock RV doors, then checked oil, opened drivers door. It started right up. I got out opened RV DOOR, turned on toggle switch, stairs came right out. I went into panel, pressed generator so I could put on furnace, got nothing. I went outside, and tried switch on generator, still nothing. What gives?
Thanks, I'll shut up now
Bruce Roberts

Re: 2006 Gulfstream Endura-6378

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13941
Congrats on what seems to be a nice new MH for you. On the generator, with no other stuff making noises, hold down the start switch on the generator. Not the inside one. You should hear the fuel pump making some noise. It may have to hold down the switch for 30-60 seconds. This is to get fuel pumped, and if not been run for a long time, you need to just hold it down. Once it has fuel the starter should engage. If this does not do it, then you may have corroded connections, check the cables.

Also, should not be an issue for you now, but most all RV's the fuel pickup for the generator is at 1/4 tank, so if less than 1/4 it will not have fuel.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13944
If it's a diesel generator, hold the start switch down. The computer will energize the glow plugs - no audible feedback. After a short time (depends on ambient temperature) the starter will engage. If this doesn't do it, it may be a tripped breaker.

Charles.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 13948
Sound like a great deal on a good Super C.
Circuit breaker first.
Then try holding the switch until stater engages.
If this does not work check side of generator. There are a set of 12 volt cables and fuel lines. Make sure you have voltage at the cable connections. There have been reports of corrosion at these connections.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 13957

I'm going to get camper and bring it home. I'll take advice and hope it starts. It has ran before without problems, but camper was hooked up to 50 amp plug.
I forgot to mention what a trooper my wife is. Besides 28 years on active duty in Air Force, she has no fear of heights. On our first camping trip, I was driving home, she was following in my pickup and said "Bruce, you forgot to put down antenna" I said no problem, I'll take care of it when I get home. Three
trees away my antenna hooked a tree branch. I got out ladder, she went up to analyze. A new gear was required.......back to Amazon Prime, gear was $6.59 delivered. She looked at website further and found a Sensar IV antenna for $60 delivered. Upon further website perusal, she found Camco vent covers for $16 a piece delivered. So a couple days later, I got out extension ladder, tools I thought she'd need. She got up there(I don't do heights above my hairline) She took care of everything on the roof. The Sensar IV picks up stations 120 miles away in down position.
Question, does toggle switch on steps have to be in "on" position for house batteries to be recharged"
Question#2 where under hood is negative contact to put float charger on truck? I see a plastic red box on passenger side of engine, looks like engine positive and RV positive under one cover, but where do I put negative clamp? And furthermore, does toggle on RV steps have to be on to get all batteries charged at same time?
Question#3 where are the batteries?
Statement#1 Being a 6'4" tall guy and 280 lbs, I feel a bit "confined" in the bathroom.
OK,I used a lot of time today, Thanks for listening

Bruce Roberts

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 13961
House batteries are charged even when switch is off. That the way my 6340 is wired.
Chassis batteries are located behind passenger side cab steps. Need to remove a bolt on both sides of step. They are back behind step. Steps will then slide out for access to batteries.
Coach batteries on my 6340 are in a compartment under living room slide. I believe the 6378 has the same configuration. You will find hydraulic pump and circuit breakers in another compartment under slide.
Under hood the red box with cables on passenger side is positive post. Negative is chassis. Use any close by bolt that will give you a good connection.
Chassis batteries are not charged by coach batteries. I installed a Trik-L-Start to charge chassis batteries when plugged into shore power. Ultra TRIK-L-START Starting Battery Charger/Maintainer

Does your 6378 not have a roof ladder?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 13962
Yes Ron it does. It clearly states on back of RV by ladder"Only to be used by Bruce's wife"

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 13963
Thanks for the heads-up on the antenna upgrade. I'm gonna get me one!

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 13964
Can you repost the antenna upgrade? I didn't see that one for some reason. I assume this is for the dash radio antenna?

Take care,
Greg